[HELP needed] GCE ssh issue

Cheng Jiang

Jul 4, 2021, 9:47:48 AM7/4/21
to gce-discussion
ssh doesn't work any more after a few days of instance creation.
Seems like there is an expiration time on ssh / external access to my VM instance. It comes back to normal after I restarted my VM but will fail to connect after a couple days.

BTW I hosted jenkins service on the instance (port 8080),  it's no longer accessible after the possible expiration time.

Instance:
e2-micro (2 vCPUs, 1 GB memory)
Ubuntu 18 LTS

rezaizadi

Jul 4, 2021, 11:51:50 AM7/4/21
to gce-discussion
Hi ,

please refer to: Troubleshooting SSH[1]

This document describes common errors that you may run into when connecting to Linux virtual machine (VM) instances using SSH, ways to resolve errors, and methods for diagnosing failed SSH connections.

[1]https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-ssh