2GB of Metric Volume cost a lot of money from external metrics(Prometheus).

Joey Wang

Oct 11, 2021, 11:31:08 AMOct 11
to gce-discussion
Just noticed after I turned on Prometheus, And I have 40 GBP more to pay each day.

How can I delete the metric volume? and the save the money. I've deleted the prometheus service.

Thanks.

Hao Zhang

Oct 12, 2021, 1:49:46 PMOct 12
to gce-discussion
Please note that Prometheus is an external metric, which is chargeable[1]. Moving forward, you can avoid using Prometheus to avoid “Metric Volume” charges. Also, you can configure filters in the Stackdriver Collector and select which metrics get ingested[2].

If Prometheus was monitoring a cluster,  and this cluster was deleted, you would see the charges go away immediately.