can I know how much storage space I have available?

Roberto Escobedo Inzunza

Jun 4, 2021, 6:22:50 AM6/4/21
to gce-discussion
Hi! How can I know how much storage space I have available on my  disk of the virtual machine?

Pedro Moreno

Jun 4, 2021, 7:13:17 AM6/4/21
to gce-discussion
Hello you can check the storage space with the following command from your instance terminal:

 $ sudo df -Th

As seen, for example, in this part of documentation.

Broodlee Hamer

Jul 9, 2021, 7:55:19 AM7/9/21
to gce-discussion

You can follow these steps: Go to File Explorer, and then select "This PC". Look at the default hard drive of your virtual machine, which by default is (C:), and from there you can check how much you have used and your total space.

Regards: Truthinequity website

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 9, 2021, 4:49:57 PM7/9/21
to gce-discussion

Other community members reference in the previous suggestions seems to be valid for your situation. You could also find some additional information on 'how to check disk space on Linux machines' from the command line in this Linux community article