Trying to distribute a virtual classroom to teachers - can I avoid "add-ons"

William Newman

Jul 12, 2021, 4:50:03 PM7/12/21
to gce-discussion
I have created an advanced virtual classroom activity for teachers in google slides. I plan on selling this slide deck to teachers around the country. The problem is that I utilized scripts to create the classroom's functionality. Does anyone think it would be conceivable to share copies of this slide deck without making teachers also install an add-on?

My current thoughts/concerns:
  1. The script only works on this specific slide deck - so it seems silly to post it as a publicly available add-on
  2. And teachers are not the most tech-savvy group. I want this to be as easy as possible for them to open and use.

Thank you for any advice on this, I am very new to GCE.

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 14, 2021, 4:08:55 PM7/14/21
to gce-discussion

From your description, it is still unclear what exact feature from Google Compute Engine that you would like to utilize for your advanced virtual class room set-up. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offers dozens of IaaSPaaS, and SaaS services. As Google Cloud Platform is very vast with a wide variety of products and services, you may need to browse through the various lists of available GCP products to better suits your needs.

If you are referring about Google Slide, kindly keep in mind that it is a product outside Google Cloud Platform. If an additional assistance is needed on how to configure and share these slides, you might need to either use their 'help center' or 'community' forum.

The GCE-discussion group is not meant to provide 1-on-1 support. This is a forum meant for general discussion of the Google Cloud platform and or its connected resources. That's being said, I would also strongly recommend you to either discuss this concern with the help of your software developer/IT support personal or should take a question like this to stackoverflow for an additional assistance. While opening a question in stackoverflow.com, make sure to include all relevant details that would help somebody to debug it.

I hope this helps.