GPU quota increase request getting rejected.

anurag...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2019, 4:29:42 PM1/30/19
to gce-discussion
Hi,
I tried to make request for GPU(all region) quota increase from 0 to 1, but everytime it is getting rejected. I've made request 5-6 times. I've even mailed gc-support team but haven't got any response yet. Its been 3 days since I started making requests and due to this I'm not able to make progress in my project.
Please provide me with a solution to this problem.

Larbi (Google Cloud Support)

Feb 1, 2019, 11:57:41 AM2/1/19
to gce-discussion
Hello Dear,

Not all GPU are available on all region, see the document  to find which type of GPU is available on which zones.
If you enable your billing account on your project, you can proceed in the quotas increase for the GPU on the available zone as mentioned in the above document.
Normally, the quotas increase take 48 hours to be fulfilled.
If you want how the GPU price are calculated see this document.

anurag...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2019, 4:41:01 AM2/4/19
to gce-discussion
Hi Dear,
I understand what you are trying to say specifically, I'll be using Nvidia P4 in us-west2-b zone which is available in that zone according to refrence you gave. But while creating instance I get an error saying  "Quota 'GPU_ALL_REGIONS' exceeded. Limit: 0.0 globally. Now to increase quota I tried requesting 5-6 times but it got rejected. Then I contacted support team they asked me to contact sales team, then sales team said they can't do anything about it you should contact our partners or billing team. i tried both partner told since you are already having a project you should contact either billing or sales team, then I tried to contact billing team they told this thing is handled by quota increase team and you should mail at gc-...@google.com, I've already mailed to them on 30-Jan-2019 but I've not received any reply from them yet.
Now what should I do, its been more than 7 days since I started requesting for GPU increase but I've not received any solution till today by any of google cloud team.

Yui (Google Cloud Support)

Feb 7, 2019, 12:22:01 PM2/7/19
to gce-discussion
"When you request a GPU quota, you must request a quota for the GPU models that you want to create in each region, and an additional global quota for the total number of GPUs of all types in all zones." [1][third point]

I suspect you could be set for first condition. In order to fix the second one, please go to your quota page [Menu>IAM & admin>Quotas] and set the following in order to ask for a global GPU quota increase:

Quota type: All quotas
Service: Compute Engine API
Metric: GPUs (all regions)
Location: All locations

Let me know if it works out.

[1]https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/gpus/#restrictions

13724...@163.com

Mar 19, 2019, 10:17:00 AM3/19/19
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I had this same thing happened. I need to request GPU quota on a rather urgent assignment. Did you solve it?

Sertan AVDAN

Jul 16, 2020, 8:37:15 AM7/16/20
to gce-discussion
Having the same problem and no solution has been given from google customer support

Ahmad P - Cloud Platform Support

Jul 16, 2020, 9:58:43 AM7/16/20
to gce-discussion

Please note the restrictions and follow these steps:

1- Go to the quotas increase page.

2- Request a quota for the GPU models that you want to create in each region.

3- Request an additional global quota for the total number of GPUs of all types in all zones as these:

Quota type: All quotas

Service: Compute Engine API

Metric: GPUs (all regions)

Location: All locations

Please let us know if these steps resolve your issue or not.

Arjav Raval

Jul 19, 2020, 1:43:19 PM7/19/20
to gce-discussion
I have requested multiple times to increase the quota for GPU(all regions). But every time, it is getting rejected.

Gustavo Gonzalez Walter

Jul 20, 2020, 4:27:18 PM7/20/20
to gce-discussion
Hello,

I would recommend providing the reason for the quota increase to provide more context as to why you need this increase. If it is a large increase you may need to work with the sales team to get this quota increase approved.

Shounak Bhandekar

Jul 22, 2020, 11:19:01 AM7/22/20
to gce-discussion
I am getting insufficient service usage history as the reason of rejection. Is there any way increase the quota now, I cannot wait for my service usage history to improve.

Md Mahboob Sayeed Khan

Jul 22, 2020, 4:56:52 PM7/22/20
to gce-discussion
Hello

Sales Rep can help you to increase the quota for the project. If you want to talk to someone from Sales, you can follow the article [1] . Please fill up the form or Give our Google Cloud Platform sales team a call at: 1-844-613-7589 (Available Monday—Friday, 8 AM—8 PM ET)

Aravinda Dissanayaka

Jun 15, 2021, 9:48:02 AM6/15/21
to gce-discussion
GCP is the worst cloud provider I had to dealt with.

They have this ridiculous habit of rejecting even requesting to increase global GPU quota to 1 even after I clearly had some payment history of paying actual money out of my pocket.

They differ this kind of requests to sales teams and sales team are not keen on helping non corporate customers. They simply try to get rid of personal customers to 3rd party IT providers instead.

Adebisi Ibirogba

Jun 16, 2021, 3:08:13 PM6/16/21
to gce-discussion
Apologies on your previous experience with GCP. Be rest assured that we are continually working to make sure our services are consistently improved.

As per the GPU Quota, it is always advisable to follow the reservation route. That way you are guaranteed that the resource is available to you only.

I understand that you might have reach out to our Sales team, who will be willing to advise on the best way forward