VM Instance disappeared after reboot

Constantinos Neophytou

Sep 24, 2021, 9:17:42 AM9/24/21
to gce-discussion
I was doing routine maintenance on one of my instances, which I ended with a "reboot" from inside the shell.

The instance appears to be completely gone, including its volume. I didn't issue any gcloud commands, no actions in the console (nothing shows up in notifications either), but the instance is just... gone. No trace of it anywhere...

There's zero indication of what's happened either, it's as if it never existed. I have an old snapshot of the disk, but that's about it, nothing else. Even the static ip is gone...

What can I check?