cloud run revisions api

Marcelo Volmaro

Apr 8, 2021, 4:38:40 AM4/8/21
to gce-discussion
Hi,
Is there a way to create a new revision in cloud run with the REST api? So far I haven't seen anything (just list/get/delete).

I'm trying to stay away from gcloud command line tools to do this, as my app will be web-based and I don't want to have to host all the gcloud tools just to do this.

I need this functionality to implement a custom CI-CD workflow...

Thanks in avance,

Andrew Cooper

Apr 23, 2021, 10:34:36 AM4/23/21
to gce-discussion

You will need to take a different approach to achieve this type of functionality. I have also had a look at the documentation, and I cannot see anything in the API Cloud Run methods that meet your requirements.

However, if you implement a CI pipeline to GitHub, you can test and deploy to Cloud Run automatically. Utilising a Code Repository will ensure that your code is always version-controlled and provide a workflow more suited to developers. Have a look at this tutorial and the GitHub API for more information.