Re: [gce-discussion] Locked out of Google Cloud Account

Alok Singh

Apr 13, 2021, 12:14:43 PM4/13/21
to Simon Doyle, gce-discussion
Hey Simon,

How about if you register your email (that you actually moved to Office 365) as a Google alias and this will help you login ?

You will still be able to access all your email as usual in office 365 , and the only change happening here will be linking your non google email as a Google one.

Refer - Use an existing email address

--

Apologies for any spelling errors - sent from my phone.

On Tue, 13 Apr, 2021, 4:11 am Simon Doyle, <simon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi:-

I have a Google Maps API instance for a client website.

The client used to have a Google Workspace account, and the Google Cloud account was linked to my email in the client domain.

Since then, the client has moved to Outlook, all emails have been migrated, and I am now unable to log into the Google Cloud account using the domain email.

I still have access to the email (at OWA), and am receiving billing invoices to this address, but when I try to login with the domain email, I receive the error "couldn't find your google account".

I spoke to someone in Workspace support, they confirmed that the Workspace account should have been nuked, but agreed that the Cloud account should be separate.

Unfortunately they couldn't direct me to a specific support channel in Cloud, and when I contacted Cloud Sales, they didn't know how to help me.

Can anyone advise me on how to reset the login on this account or direct me to the correct channel?

Thanks!

Simon.

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/be279dd6-a295-4883-8c12-bee4666ddad0n%40googlegroups.com.

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 14, 2021, 10:46:29 AM4/14/21
to gce-discussion

Hello Simon,

The other community member's recommendation seems like a valid approach that you could try. However, if that didn't help,  you should be able to receive technical assistance through a case created using support hub for such issues. But before opening a technical support case, please try the following from your end:

1. If the project have multiple project owners (who still have access to the project), contact them and request them to provide necessary access(IAM roles) to your email account (ie other than the migrated outlook ones). You might need to use a Google Account email(such as a 'gmail' account) for this purpose.
2. If the project is part of an Organization, you could also request the same with an Organization Administrator(roles/resourcemanager.organizationAdmin). An Organization Admins can grant IAM roles to team members so that they can access an organization's resources such as a GCP project.

I hope this helps