Google Cloud Platform Debugger for Compute Engine with Payara/Glassfish Application Server

Sharon Avigdor

Apr 14, 2021, 9:54:46 AM4/14/21
to gce-discussion
0

I started an Ububtu VM on google cloud platform that contains a payara application server (a fork of Glassfish) and everything works great. The deployed app is a bunch of WAR files. Now I would like to debug the live application with google cloud debugger. I tried to implement the manual's instructions from here and added support for war files as described here.

Yet, whenever I tried to take a debug snapshot the live application using files from my local computer and the war files I uploaded to my application server the debugger kept a problem occurred. The problem was that the debugger said it can't find the file in the executable.

I also tried to upload the sources to my VM compile them and deploy them to the application server. It didn't also work.

Does anyone have a working scenario where I can deploy war files to a Glassfish/Payara server and debug it within a VM on Google cloud platform?

Sharon Avigdor

Apr 14, 2021, 9:56:29 AM4/14/21
to gce-discussion

Anthony Leo

Apr 14, 2021, 1:31:01 PM4/14/21
to gce-discussion
Hello,

Thank you for the post.

However, the Google Group forum is intended for discussion about GCE Products rather than troubleshooting specific issues.

To get the most out of your interactions, we recommend you ask specific technical questions like "how do I…" or "what does this error mean?" on StackOverflow [1] or ServerFault [2] tagged with [google-cloud-platform] for more visibility.

Furthermore, you may also see the main Community Support page [3] for a list of the tags we monitor. Please reference the Community Help Center on StackOverflow [1] and ServerFault [2] for information on how to ask a good question.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for contacting the Google Cloud Platform Support team.

[1]Stackoverflow:
[2]ServerFault:
[3]Community Support Page: