Fwd: Compute engine - Not able to run startup script

Andres Marquez Rodriguez

Jun 15, 2022, 5:58:42 PM6/15/22
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com, rohithk...@ahimsa.global
Forwarded to the right Group.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: rohithk...@ahimsa.global <rohithk...@ahimsa.global>
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 4:26:42 PM UTC-5
Subject: Compute engine - Not able to run startup script
To: Google App Engine <google-a...@googlegroups.com>

I am not able to run startup script . Getting the following error

`
systemd[1]: google-startup-scripts.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
systemd[1]: google-startup-scripts.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'
systemd[1]: Failed to start Google Compute Engine Startup Scripts.

`
and my startup script

`
#! /bin/bash
apt-get remove --auto-remove sshguard
apt-get purge --auto-remove sshguard

`
Instance Image : ubuntu-1804-bionic-v20190722a
Am I doing something wrong ?. Added the startup script in the metadata and restarted the instance.
Note: I am not able to run browser SSH due to some issue. To debug the issue I am trying to disable the 'sshguard' service in the instance

Thanks

Jon Gorrono

Jun 15, 2022, 7:28:02 PM6/15/22
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Try removing the space after the #! in the shebang

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/0a547175-32d8-4c5c-92e9-8e42c2063251n%40googlegroups.com.