engaging in cryptocurrency mining

Roy T

Jun 1, 2022, 4:36:09 PM6/1/22
to gce-discussion
Hi masters,
my VM (windows 2022) was suspended due to cryptocurrency mining according to Google. After I appealed and asked for more detail, I'd received an message back saying that my VM was contacted to IP’s (40.84.185.67).

GCP_error.PNG

I searched online and found out the IP belongs to Microsoft. Then I used my personal desktop to see if I could catch any processes that communicate to that IP.  It turns a process servicehub.settingshost.exe from Visual Studio 2017 was making that request.

It is not a cryptocurrency mining activity and what I should do to prevent Google suspended to VM again since my VM is Back.

Yaqub Omofoyewa

Jun 2, 2022, 1:59:29 PM6/2/22
to Roy T, gce-discussion
Write a support mail to google

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/65a42d3a-f058-4dc1-9035-5f4354b0543fn%40googlegroups.com.

Gabriel Robledo Ahumada

Jun 3, 2022, 10:35:12 AM6/3/22
to gce-discussion
Please refer to the Policy violations FAQ, ultimately you can file a ticket through the Support Center.

Roy T

Jun 3, 2022, 12:26:33 PM6/3/22
to gce-discussion
Google support suggests me to reply the VM instatement email sent from Google Cloud Compliance. Hope it will work.

Thank you

Message has been deleted