After already being set in Pycharm terminal, I still get: Please set GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS

Elad Ben-David

Sep 13, 2021, 11:48:40 AMSep 13
to gce-discussion
Hi

I'm trying to create a bq client python.
I have created the GCP json key and exported it to`GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS`.

I have tried to run the following in the PyCharm IDE:

>> export GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS="/home/.....7e7a385.json"
>> echo $GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS
    /home/...7e7a385.json
>> GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS="/home/....7e7a385.json"

I still get this error afterwards:

    google.auth.exceptions.DefaultCredentialsError: Could not automatically determine credentials. Please set GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS or explicitly create credentials and re-run the application. For more information, please see https://cloud.google.com/docs/authentication/getting-started

Thanks