Billings access to individual user to certian projects

Chandrashekhar Bhandari

Jul 15, 2021, 3:39:12 AM7/15/21
to gce-discussion
HI All

I have queries how to Give access to specific Project billing view within an organization where we are 100 of projects

if customer came and ask billing access to only his project so we need to provide access in such a way that he wont be able to see all projects within our organization

thanks
Chandrashekhar B
Cloud Engineer

Pedro Moreno

Jul 15, 2021, 4:37:10 AM7/15/21
to gce-discussion
Hello,

Please check Cloud Billing roles in IAM where the role Project Billing Manager may be the right one because it "Provides access to assign a project's billing account or disable its billing".

Chandrashekhar Bhandari

Jul 15, 2021, 7:25:30 AM7/15/21
to 'Pedro Moreno' via gce-discussion
Hi Pedro

Thanks for your email on Billing access

But i think project billing will do the below work as it will be give access to only project billing but my question was if i have 100 projects in a organization if 1 user ask billing access to only his project so if i give project billing manager from organization level will he be able to see only his project ? not all projects in our org. rite ?

This role allows a user to attach the project to the billing account, but does not grant any rights over resources. Project Owners can use this role to allow someone else to manage the billing for the project without granting them resource access
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to Dentsu International Limited, its affiliated companies and the intended recipient(s) and may also be attorney-client privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Dentsu International Limited is registered in England and Wales No.01403668. Registered office: 10 Triton Street, Regents Place, London, NW1 3BF VAT No. GB 523 2013 06.

Pedro Moreno

Jul 22, 2021, 3:30:09 AM7/22/21
to gce-discussion
Please take into account that this specific role "Project Billing Manager" has 3 levels ( Organization, folder, or project). So my suggestion would be to set it that role at project level. I guess this is the recommended setup to go, but I doubt if you have some constraints that interfere on it.