GCLB Missing SameSite and Secure Flags

Jeff Sysadmin

Feb 11, 2021, 9:20:13 AM2/11/21
to gce-discussion
I have facing the issue with GCLB which is running with instance groups. I have multiple instances running in the backend. On the webserver Hearder are setup properly like SameSite=None;HttpOnly;Secure but in GCP load balancer only HttpOnly flag is coming. Please see the screenshot below:

GCLB.png

Naman Parekh

Feb 11, 2021, 7:11:52 PM2/11/21
to gce-discussion

I am assuming you are using HTTPS LB [1] , could you please confirm which protocol is used by backend ? I am suspecting your backend is configure to HTTP and not HTTPS traffic .

Jeff Sysadmin

Feb 11, 2021, 9:52:12 PM2/11/21
to gce-discussion
Hi Naman,

The backend is configured to HTTPS.

Jeff Sysadmin

Feb 15, 2021, 4:05:01 AM2/15/21
to gce-discussion
Anyone here to help with this?

Dattu Pragnu Nellutla

Feb 15, 2021, 1:49:40 PM2/15/21
to gce-discussion
Depending on the front end configuration and how the load balancer is configrued It could be expected to received either the HTTP or https traffic. If you would like to use HTTPS load balancer, please review the documentation[1] to see how to conifgure the HTTPS load balancer that serves https traffic. This being said,Google Groups is reserved for general inquiries related to products. I would advise you to please post your question and continue this thread on Stack Overflow [2] or Server Fault [3] to receive technical assistance. Or if you have a support plan [4], please open a ticket with GCP support.