Django Con US - Videos

Jochen G.

Nov 6, 2021, 9:09:27 AM11/6/21
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

The Django Con US was recently and all talks are recorded and accessible:
https://2021.djangocon.us/talks/

I watched a few, I liked the following
https://2021.djangocon.us/talks/modern-javascript-for-django-developers/

https://2021.djangocon.us/talks/rest-hateoas-django-it-s-ok-to-not-use/

https://2021.djangocon.us/talks/htmx-frontend-revolution/

The first one somewhat convinced me that for our purposes we don't
really want/need a REST-framework for our site. We don't really want to
decouple the backend and frontend. It is quite a bit simpler to use all
the technology from django on the frontend for authentication,
validation, etc, and not redo everything with a JavaSript framework. A
hybrid approach seems more the way to go, or using HTMX, i.e. using
JavaScript without using JavaScript.

The discovery of HTMX resulted in the new active search page for names.

Jochen