tax accounting services motion

sangorshop

Aug 10, 2022, 1:00:04 PM8/10/22
to gcd-board
Motion:

"If Rehmann does not respond satisfactorily to our request for a quote on their accounting services by August 18, we authorize the GCD Chair to contact one or more additional accounting firms, explain the project's financial and tax situation, and request a quote for hiring them to assess our financials, recommend the steps needed to regain our tax-exempt non-profit status and work with us on an on-going basis to keep the GCD in good standing with the IRS."

Steven Rowe

Matthew Gore

Aug 10, 2022, 2:50:19 PM8/10/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Seconded.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2022, at 12:00 PM, sangorshop <sango...@gmail.com> wrote:

Motion:

"If Rehmann does not respond satisfactorily to our request for a quote on their accounting services by August 18, we authorize the GCD Chair to contact one or more additional accounting firms, explain the project's financial and tax situation, and request a quote for hiring them to assess our financials, recommend the steps needed to regain our tax-exempt non-profit status and work with us on an on-going basis to keep the GCD in good standing with the IRS."

Steven Rowe

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 10, 2022, 3:12:40 PM8/10/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    Motion recognized; is there a second?

- Don Milne

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 10, 2022, 3:14:04 PM8/10/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    Second recognized; is there more discussion?

- Don Milne

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 12, 2022, 9:39:08 AM8/12/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    I received this quote yesterday from Rehmann. "I estimate our fees at $2,500 to get this all straightened out."  Note that it still does not state an hourly fee going forward for future tax filings.

    I would also note that we paid $955 in taxes for the 2021 year because we are no longer tax-exempt.  So this proposal would cover about 2½ years of projected future taxes to a break-even point.  Assuming we retain the status beyond there, we would start getting ahead.

- Don Milne

Jochen G.

Aug 12, 2022, 11:15:18 AM8/12/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
I think that after we have our tax-exempt status back, and thereby have
seen a filing for one year, we should be able to do those afterwards
relatively straightforward ? Our costs and income are not that
complicated currently ?

Have no clue how to really evaluate that quote.

Jochen

Am 12.08.22 um 15:39 schrieb Donald Dale Milne:
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Groups "gcd-board" group.
>>> send an email to gcd-board+...@googlegroups.com.
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/A6D2B60F-FD79-47B2-939D-063B0151692B%40cumberland.org
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/A6D2B60F-FD79-47B2-939D-063B0151692B%40cumberland.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Groups "gcd-board" group.
>> an email to gcd-board+...@googlegroups.com.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/967647e7-4426-c50c-6d34-89b7d926ce08%40att.net
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/967647e7-4426-c50c-6d34-89b7d926ce08%40att.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> --
> Groups "gcd-board" group.
> an email to gcd-board+...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:gcd-board+...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/84673d00-7ccb-6f79-e4da-5eda99a0c95b%40att.net
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/84673d00-7ccb-6f79-e4da-5eda99a0c95b%40att.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

sangorshop

Aug 12, 2022, 3:05:24 PM8/12/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Right, once we get our exempt status returned, we have time (and they
can make a quote) for the next tax year.
Or so it seems to this non-expert.

My wife, who has worked as a tax preparer says that $3-400 is
possibly the going rate for yearling accounting for taxes. Depending
on how complicated.

Steven Rowe
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-board/06f77829-6641-daab-868a-3066ab5b3c2b%40garcke.de.

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 12, 2022, 3:08:12 PM8/12/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    Correct, our costs and income did not seem too complicated when I
put together the 2021 taxes.

    At this point, I believe we should approve our motion and I should
get quote(s) from another firm(s).  We jut do not have anything to
compare to.

- Don Milne

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 14, 2022, 10:56:47 PM8/14/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    Well, we've had a couple more days with no more discussion.  Can
you please set this up for a vote, Ramon?

- Don Milne

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 17, 2022, 8:12:49 AM8/17/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    Ramon?

- Don Milne

Ramon Schenk

Aug 19, 2022, 6:57:09 AM8/19/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, saw no second, so I added myself.

Ramon

Donald Dale Milne

Aug 19, 2022, 8:13:53 AM8/19/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    Thanks, that's a novel way to get the job done.  (BTW, I hunted and found that Matt Gore seconded back on August 10.)

- Don Milne