conflicting comics.org domain registration

Donald Dale Milne

Jul 26, 2022, 12:18:45 PM7/26/22
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
    The following is a conversation I recently had regarding a proposed web domain registration that is very close to comics.org.  I just wanted everyone to be aware that our domain name is subject to encroachment.  On July 24, I received the following e-mail to our contact list:
"Dear CEO,

This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration in
 China. On 24-07-2022, we received an application from Hongqing Ltd requested "comics" as their internet keyword
 and China (CN) domain names (comics.cn, comics.com.cn, comics.net.cn, comics.org.cn). But after checking it, we
 find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's
 necessary to send this message to your company and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business
 partner in China?

Best Regards
Wade Liu | Service & Operations Manager
China Registry (Head Office)
Tel: +86-2161918696
Fax: +86-2161918697
Mob: +86-13816428671
6012, Xingdi Building, No. 1698 Yishan Road, Shanghai 201103, China"
----------------------------------
    I replied:
"Mr. Liu -
The company you mention, Hongqing Ltd, is NOT connected in any way with the Grand Comics Database TM.
 They are neither a distributor nor business partner and do not represent our organization for any purposes
 whatsoever anywhere in the world.  We would view their proposed registration names, especially
 "comics.org.cn", as conflicting with our name and detrimental to our organization.
Thank you for notifying us of this proposal.
- Donald Dale Milne, Chair
Grand Comics Database TM
--------------------------------------
On July 25, I received this reply to the Chair's account:
"To whom it concerns,
We will register the China domain names "comics.cn"
"comics.com.cn" "comics.net.cn" "comics.org.cn" and
internet keyword "comics" and have submitted our application. We are
waiting for Mr. Wade Liu's approval. These CN domains and internet keyword
are very important for us to promote our business in China. Although Mr.
Wade Liu advised us to change another name, we will persist in this
name.
Kind regards

Zhibao Ning"

    I replied:

"Mr. Ning -
As I previously mentioned to Mr. Liu, we would view this proposed registration of names, especially