Motion: Creation of GCD Postmaster

Lionel English

Aug 31, 2009, 2:15:36 PM8/31/09
to GCD Board
I move that we create a postmaster to administer mail.comics.org.  Said postmaster would be resonsible for working with Jon Lovstad to coordinate the closure of the old mail.comics.org, and would be responsible for the creation of a new mail.comics.org upon the successful closure of the old.  Postmaster would thereafter be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the board.  Postmaster would also be responsible for advising Board on issues of relevence to the performance of their job.

I further move that Ralf Haring be nominated for the position of postmaster.

--
Lionel English
lio...@beanmar.net

Mike Nielsen

Aug 31, 2009, 2:23:51 PM8/31/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Motion on the floor.  Do we have a second?

Mike Nielsen

Atom: "They are replicating."
Aquaman: "Yes, and they are making more of themselves too!"
 - Batman Brave and the Bold Cartoon episode "Journey to the center of the Bat"

Aug 31, 2009, 5:00:06 PM8/31/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Technology coordinator.

tony

Lionel English

Aug 31, 2009, 5:12:59 PM8/31/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
So I'm not really the tech czar?
--
Lionel English
lio...@beanmar.net

Will Allred

Aug 31, 2009, 5:35:26 PM8/31/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

Tech Czar sounds kewler, though. J

Anyway, I think that we should explicitly state that the GCD Postmaster reports to the Technology Coordinator.

Will

______________________________

Will Allred  <wal...@gmail.com>

http://www.quantumzone.org/           http://www.comics.org/

Lionel English

Aug 31, 2009, 5:41:28 PM8/31/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
I'm perfectly fine with that amendment.
--
Lionel English
lio...@beanmar.net

Tony Rose

Aug 31, 2009, 6:02:18 PM8/31/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Sweetie, if it makes you happy to call yourself the tech czar, you go right ahead and do it and don't let those mean ol' bullies hurt your feelins one bit with their mean talk.

tony

CArch...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2009, 2:03:21 AM9/1/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

In a message dated 8/31/09 2:17:04 PM, lio...@beanmar.net writes:

I move that we create a postmaster to administer mail.comics.org.  Said postmaster would be resonsible for working with Jon Lovstad to coordinate the closure of the old mail.comics.org, and would be responsible for the creation of a new mail.comics.org upon the successful closure of the old.  Postmaster would thereafter be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the board.  Postmaster would also be responsible for advising Board on issues of relevence to the performance of their job.

I further move that Ralf Haring be nominated for the position of postmaster.

I support this.

my best
-Ray

**************
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)

Lionel English

Sep 8, 2009, 4:16:28 PM9/8/09
to GCD Board
Given that there's been no further discussion on this in a week, should we move it to a vote?  Here's the motion with Will's amendment integrated.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Lionel English <lio...@beanmar.net> wrote:
I move that we create a postmaster to administer mail.comics.org.  Said postmaster would report to the technology coordinator and would be resonsible for working with Jon Lovstad to coordinate the closure of the old mail.comics.org, and would be responsible for the creation of a new mail.comics.org upon the successful closure of the old.  Postmaster would thereafter be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the board.  Postmaster would also be responsible for advising Board on issues of relevence to the performance of their job.

I further move that Ralf Haring be nominated for the position of postmaster.

--
Lionel English
lio...@beanmar.net

--
Lionel English
lio...@beanmar.net

Mike Nielsen

Sep 8, 2009, 5:19:27 PM9/8/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes, forgot about this.

Lou, might as well get a ballot out.

Mike Nielsen

Atom: "They are replicating."
Aquaman: "Yes, and they are making more of themselves too!"
 - Batman Brave and the Bold Cartoon episode "Journey to the center of the Bat"

Sep 8, 2009, 10:08:12 PM9/8/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
We have been asked to vote on the following motion:

That we create a postmaster to administer mail.comics.org. Said postmaster would report to the technology coordinator and would be responsible for working with Jon Lovstad to coordinate the closure of the old mail.comics.org, and would be responsible for the creation of a new mail.comics.org upon the successful closure of the old. The postmaster would thereafter be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the Board.  Postmaster would also be responsible for advising the Board on issues of relevance to the performance of their job.

Should this motion pass Ralf Haring would assume the position of postmaster.

Please cast your vote by placing an x next to one of the following:
( )In favor
( )Against
( )Abstain

Please cast your vote no later than September 15, 2009.

tonyr...@comcast.net

Sep 8, 2009, 10:14:25 PM9/8/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Tony's vote:
> (xxx)In favor
> ( )Against
> ( )Abstain

Lionel English

Henry Andrews

Sep 8, 2009, 10:59:59 PM9/8/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
> ( X )In favor

Ralf Haring

Sep 8, 2009, 11:15:52 PM9/8/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, September 8, 2009, Lou Mazzella <gloi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We have been asked to vote on the following motion:
>
> That we create a postmaster to administer http://mail.comics.org. Said postmaster would report to the technology coordinator and would be responsible for working with Jon Lovstad to coordinate the closure of the old http://mail.comics.org, and would be responsible for the creation of a new http://mail.comics.org upon the successful closure of the old. The postmaster would thereafter be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the Board.  Postmaster would also be responsible for advising the Board on issues of relevance to the performance of their job.
>
> Should this motion pass Ralf Haring would assume the position of postmaster.
>
> Please cast your vote by placing an x next to one of the following:
> (  Xxxx )In favor
> (   )Against
> (   )Abstain
>
> Please cast your vote no later than September 15, 2009.

--
-Ralf

Will Allred

Sep 8, 2009, 11:29:40 PM9/8/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Will Allred's vote...

(XXX)In favor

CArch...@aol.com

Matthew Gore

Mike Nielsen

Sep 9, 2009, 3:15:57 PM9/9/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, forgot to vote...

Atom: "They are replicating."
Aquaman: "Yes, and they are making more of themselves too!"
 - Batman Brave and the Bold Cartoon episode "Journey to the center of the Bat"

Sep 9, 2009, 10:59:29 PM9/9/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
The following motion has passed with all members voting in favor:

Ralf Haring

Sep 10, 2009, 10:19:08 AM9/10/09
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

The MX records are now switched and I've got two accounts set up and
working - ad...@comics.org and ralf....@comics.org. I forwarded all
the relevant godaddy and google apps info to the admin e-mail account
and changed the godaddy account and the whois records to use that
e-mail. I also set up sysa...@comics.org as a forwarding address for
the automated server monitoring e-mails for the tech team. There are
some kinks with that that Andres is working on.

We are currently limited to 50 accounts pending proof that we are a
501(c)(3) non-profit. Tony gave me our EIN, but since we apparently
don't appear in online searches such as guidestar.org (getting us
listed there is a deficiency we should correct) they need some other
form of documentation. Tony is getting that for me.

-Ralf