MinGW, MinGW-w64, Cygwin Support

Anthony

Feb 16, 2011, 9:10:19 AM2/16/11
to GCC GRAPHITE
Hi,

I'm interested in using the auto-parallelization feature of graphite.
However, it is not working with MinGW or MinGW-w64 available through
Cygwin. I don't know how to build anything. So when I see stuff
about building gcc or what not, I don't know how to do that. All I
know is that if you install MinGW or MinGW-w64 the graphite part
doesn't seem to work. I can't find anyone that knows anything about
it. GCC website says that it is enabled but it doesn't seem to make
its way down to MinGW or Cygwin yet. I'm hoping there are plans to
enable this without the user having to understand how to build GCC or
something like that. I'm looking to just add the compilation options
stated on GCC website:

-floop-parallelize-all -ftree-parallelize-loops=n

where n is the number of threads.

Does anyone here know anything about this.

Thanks

c99austria

Mar 14, 2011, 5:51:33 AM3/14/11
to GCC GRAPHITE
looks like the tdm gcc has it ... you can give it a try...
look at: http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/
i found the hint on:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=11055.10;wap2

Anthony

Mar 14, 2011, 2:10:04 PM3/14/11
to GCC GRAPHITE
Wow,

Thanks, this looks like just what I need. I wasn't aware TDM GCC even
existed. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for the reply.

Anthony
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Anthony

Mar 14, 2011, 2:29:56 PM3/14/11
to GCC GRAPHITE
Oh bummer,

It gives the same warnings as MinGW. It says

f951.exe: sorry, unimplemented: Graphite loop optimizations cannot be
used

I tried TDM GDD 32 and 64 bit versions. MinGW-64 via Cygwin doesn't
give any errors it compiles and runs, but only used one thread even
when you specify more than one thread. The options I'm trying to use
are posted on the GCC site and indicate they work. But they don't
seem to work if you use Windows.

-floop-parallelize-all -ftree-parallelize-loops=n

Anthony

Anthony

Mar 14, 2011, 3:08:32 PM3/14/11
to GCC GRAPHITE
Update,

Having Cygwin, MinGW, TDM MinGW32 and MinGW64 all installed at once
was a bit confusing I think. I removed everything but the TDM MinGW32
and MinGW64 installs. Then tried compiling again. What I found was
that the 32 bit version gives the error I talk about and the 64 bit
version acts like Cygwin (compiles without error, runs, but only makes
a single threaded code, even though you specify more than one thread).

Anthony Falzone

Jul 15, 2011, 5:39:03 PM7/15/11
to gcc-gr...@googlegroups.com
I finally got the answer to this question in a different thread in this group.  I found it is installed and working correctly, however, it isn't able to work with my code just yet.