Fwd: Boston Palestine Film Festival Opens October 1

Katherine Hanna

Sep 8, 2010, 7:49:13 PM9/8/10
to gazaonmym...@googlegroups.com

Please forward to lists and friends...
thx!
Katherine

Greetings!

The 4th annual Boston Palestine Film Festival (BPFF) opens on October 1 -- less than 1 month away!

Here are some program highlights:

:: FULL FESTIVAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS ::

KEY FESTIVAL EVENTS

*You can learn here how to make

a much appreciated donation!

:: Friday Oct 1, 2010 ::

Opening Night Film and Reception

ZINDEEQ

with director Michel Khleifi

:: Saturday Oct 2, 2010 ::

Panel Discussion

THE FUTURE OF PALESTINIAN CINEMA

with various directors present

:: Sunday Oct 3, 2010 ::

Featured Film

JAFFA, THE ORANGE'S CLOCKWORK

with director Eyal Sivan

:: Thursday Oct 7, 2010 ::

Boston Debut Concert

TRIO JOUBRAN from Nazareth

co-presented with worldmusic.org

:: Friday Oct 8, 2010 ::

"... this year's must-see documentary ..." The New York Times

BUDRUS

co-presented with Amnesty International USA

 -Northeast Regional Office

:: Saturday Oct 9, 2010 ::

Stand-Up Comedy Tour

ARABS GONE WILD!

with irreverent Palestinian and other Arab entertainers

:: Sunday Oct 10, 2010 ::

Closing Night Film

PORT OF MEMORY

with director Kamal AlJafari

:: SUPPORT THE FESTIVAL ::

We bring Palestinian narrative, culture, historical perspectives, and lived realities - from Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, Israel, Lebanon, and abroad - to venues across this great city. This year we are at the Museum of Fine Arts, the Harvard Film Archive, Harvard University, the Cambridge Public Library, Somerville Theatre, the Wilbur Theatre- even on the T.

We're painting the town Palestine!!! But we cannot do it without your patronage and support.

Your tax deductible donation can take us a long way. Any amount is helpful! The Boston Palestine Film Festival is a program service of the Middle East Cultural and Charitable Society, Inc., an organization exempt from tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).

$100-$249      Contributor

  • Enduring public recognition on the BPFF web site

  • 1 BPFF T-shirt

$500-$999      Patron

  • Enduring public recognition on the BPFF web site

  • 2  festival passes, entitling the holder to free admission to all festival films and opening night reception

$250-$499      Supporter

  • Enduring public recognition on the BPFF web site

  • 2 tickets to our Opening Night film and reception

  • 2 BPFF T-shirts

$1,000+         Benefactor

  • Enduring public recognition on the BPFF web site

  • 2  festival passes, entitling the holder to free admission to all festival films and opening night reception

  • 2 tickets to the Trio Joubran concert

Please make your checks payable to

MECCS/BPFF

and send to:

Boston Palestine Film Festival   .   955 Massachusetts Ave. #333   .   Cambridge, MA 02139, USA

Or visit us here to make a quick online donation.

Thank you!

BPFF Organizing Committee

This year's festival is dedicated to the loving memory of Sherif Fam, long-time Palestine human rights activist, peace maker and a dear friend to many in our community.

Forward email

Safe Unsubscribe

Boston Palestine Film Festival | 955 Massachusetts Ave. #333 | Cambridge | MA | 02139

--
Katherine Hanna
Boston Palestine Film Festival

--