Fwd: Jaffa The Orange's Clockwork :: Featured Film

1 view

Katherine Hanna

Sep 22, 2010, 5:18:16 PM9/22/10
to hanna.k...@gmail.com
Please feel free to forward...
thx,
Katherine

Boston Palestine Film Festival - Celebrating Palestinian Films, Arts and Culture

We need your patronage and your support!

Click here to make a donation to the festival.

Mark your calendars, the BPFF is upon us:

October 1 - 10, 2010

F e a t u r e d   F i l m

JAFFA, THE ORANGE'S CLOCKWORK

by  Eyal Sivan
Documentary, 2009, 88 min.

Director will be present.

The Jaffa orange is the starting point for this extraordinary contemplation on the relationship between Israelis and Palestinians.

According to one review: “It’s hard to measure the artistic and political reach of Jaffa, the Orange’s Clockwork, because it works in different layers, as a genealogy of the image and representation–through paintings, home movies, propaganda, testimonies–or even as a chronicle of the contemporary spirit. Not so much a film, as an unavoidable experience. A powerful and unforgettable film."

More details ...

>> Winner, Best social-political Documentary International Film Festival, Oakland

>> Winner,

First Prize, Filmmaker Doc Film Festival, Milano, Italy, 2009

Co-sponsored by Northeastern University’s Program in Cinema Studies, the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures, and the Middle East Center for Peace, Culture & Development.

F i l m s  b y  R a c h e l  L e a h  J o n e s :

TARGETED CITIZEN
Click here for details.

500 DUNAM ON THE MOON
Click here for details.

ASHKENAZ
Click here for details.

Jaffa The Orange's Clockwork poster
Director Eyal Sivan
http://www.eyalsivan.info/

:: L E   T R I O   J O U B R A N  ::

Please buy your tickets today!

It took 3 years of planning to finally bring LE TRIO JOUBRAN to town. We need to show World Music that music from Palestine has its supporters and lovers! So please buy your tickets today and let's rock Somerville Theatre with the sound of 3 perfect 'ouds! You will not forget the music these extraordinary musicians make. It is the sound of Palestine!

Tickets  $28 : Call: 1.617.876.4275

20% discount is available for groups of 20 or more

or onlineBuy Tickets: https://www.worldmusic.org/sales_searchseats.php?pb_seq=1223

LE TRIO JOUBRAN

Majâz

Boston Debut

Co-presented with World Music

Thursday, October 7

Somerville Theater :: 7:30 pm

55 Davis Sq., Somerville

This is contemporary oud playing at its finest inventive, quixotic and arresting–and it should appeal equally both to die-hard lute-ophiles and those approaching Arab music for the first time.”—Songlines

Direct descendants from a Palestinian family of ‘oud makers and players for four generations, Le Trio Joubran creates intricate and seductively eloquent original compositions that are filled with magnificent improvisation and technical virtuosity. For this exceptional concert, the three brothers Samir, Wissam and Adnan along with master percussionist Yousef Hbeisch, perform a special tribute to late Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish, with whom the trio collaborated for more than 12 years.

::  S U P P O R T   T H E   F E S T I V A L  ::

We are in the final stages and a lot depends on your support!

We bring Palestinian narrative, culture, historical perspectives, and lived realities - from Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, Israel, Lebanon, and abroad - to venues across this great city. This year we are at the Museum of Fine Arts, the Harvard Film Archive, Harvard University, the Cambridge Public Library, Somerville Theatre, the Wilbur Theatre- even on the T.

We're painting the town Palestine!!! But we cannot do it without your patronage and support.

Your tax deductible donation can take us a long way. Any amount is helpful! The Boston Palestine Film Festival is a program service of the Middle East Cultural and Charitable Society, Inc., an organization exempt from tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).

Please make your checks payable to

MECCS/BPFF

and send to:

Boston Palestine Film Festival   .   955 Massachusetts Ave. #333   .   Cambridge, MA 02139, USA

Or visit us here to make a quick online donation.

Thank you!

BPFF Organizing Committee

This year's festival is dedicated to the loving memory of Sherif Fam, long-time Palestine human rights activist, peace maker and a dear friend to many in our community.

Forward email

Safe Unsubscribe

Boston Palestine Film Festival | 955 Massachusetts Ave. #333 | Cambridge | MA | 02139

--
Katherine Hanna
Boston Palestine Film Festival