TAKE ACTION: THANK CANADA'S THE BAY FOR DROPPING AHAVA PRODUCTS

1 view

Nancy Kricorian

Jan 12, 2011, 9:09:57 PM1/12/11
to CODEPINK NYC, CODEPINK STAFF LIST, BoycottAHAVA, Stolen Beauty Online Action
Dear All,
It's been a lively day. Here is my reconstruction of how I think the story unfolded. Yesterday the buycotters went to Canada's The Bay (think Macy's if you are in New York) to purchase Ahava in response to a boycott initiative by a Canadians for a Just Peace in the Middle East, who had chosen Ahava as this month's target. When Team Buycott got to The Bay, the shelves were bare of Ahava. The Bay has acknowledged "de-listing Ahava," but said it was purely a business decision and not in response to the boycott campaign (or Tadamon's in store actions). Now Team Buycott is mobilizing people to pressure The Bay into re-stocking Ahava.

Thanks to Farida and Rae for putting this tool together. Please go to the link and send the letter. Please post to FB. Please post the below Tweet (or some version of it) to your Twitter feed. The buycotters are generating thousands of letters to The Bay, and we need to fill their inboxes as well. Please forward to your lists and your friends!

TAKE ACTION: Thank The Bay for dropping Ahava products http://bit.ly/hO9HG5 #canada #bds #palestine

All best,

Nancy K

--
The only recognizable feature of hope is action.
Grace Paley