Helping and serving others will do the following for you:

mokemoke

Dec 2, 2018, 1:41:02 AM12/2/18
to GayToday

It will help you to get your attention off of your own problems.

Sometimes we get in such a hole that we can’t see anything else, or find the way out.

Helping others works to break this cycle, and opens our vision. It gives perspective, shows that your problems are not insurmountable.

In helping to heal others' wounds, yours will heal much quicker.

The love and compassion you show to others in your time of pain will come back to you in healing and joy.

Helping others will once again reveal your true self worth. It will show you that you do have value and that you can make a difference.

We all seek this; it was planted in our hearts by God.

The appreciation you will feel from those you help will bring joy and fulfilment to your heart.

Our hearts long for fulfilment and only by serving can we best find it.

You will find that you aren’t the only one with problems. We know this intellectually, but seeing it first hand is healing.

Sometimes we feel like we have been singled out for pain. We are not that special. It comes to all.

Receive healing as you work to heal others. Do something; get out.

The ‘feeling’ you get from easing someone else’s pain and stress, sometimes called “helper’s high”, can give you a mood boost.