Grace and Truth

mokemoke

Sep 3, 2018, 3:19:19 AM9/3/18
to GayToday

Truth dictates that we want to be a people who are holy and who do good. We want to treat our neighbour rightly and we want to be good parents and spouses.

We want to work hard, achieve a lot and live a life that’s worthy of emulating. But grace says that those things, while important, don’t give you right standing with God.

You are not what you do. This is what makes Christianity different than any other religion on earth.

Every other religion says that you belong when you do it all right, but Christianity says you belong first and then you do it right.

When you receive grace, not by your power, but by God’s power, you do better.

We serve a God of grace and He’s the One who does the work. Our job is simply to trust Him and live every day by faith, even though there are things about ourselves that we don’t like.

You are not what you do, and you’re not what you’ve done.

You are what Christ has done for you and it cannot be taken away! Isn’t that good news?

Prayer

God, thank you for your grace that loves me just as I am, right where I am