Re: A new issue of Gay Military Signal is now on-line

glbt vetsnyc

Jun 25, 2011, 11:51:45 AM6/25/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The July 2011 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a review of Jeff Key’s The Eyes of Babylon; Tom Carpenter reporting on his march in L.A. Pride; and our commentary on Dan Choi at Moscow Pride.

See it all on Gay Military Signal

http://www.gaymilitarysignal.com

-Sgt. Denny

glbt vetsnyc

Jul 26, 2011, 12:28:58 PM7/26/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The August 2011 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with RADM Alan Steinman’s memoriam of General John Shalikashvili; Tom Carpenter’s perspective on the role of OutServe in the post DADT era; a photo essay on a gay veteran’s Chicago Civil Union; and our commentary on awaiting the beginning of freedom.

glbt vetsnyc

Aug 28, 2011, 1:29:07 PM8/28/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The September 2011 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with Danny Ingram’s discourse on gay military camaraderie, 'Gay Soldier's Husband' on inclusion of our military families, our commentary on the day DADT ends, and a listing of DADT Repeal celebration events.

glbt vetsnyc

Sep 26, 2011, 12:03:00 PM9/26/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The October 2011 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with Danny Ingram’s memoir of Repeal Day ceremonies in Atlanta, Coast to Coast photos of celebrations in New York and Seattle, and reflections on the memory of our heroes.

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 30, 2011, 1:11:40 PM10/30/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The November 2011 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with Steve Loomis’ vision of a Commission for Rights of Military Service, a remembrance of Frank Kameny WWII veteran, and our perspective on Coming Out – Public and Private.

glbt vetsnyc

Nov 25, 2011, 10:53:22 AM11/25/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The December 2011 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with World War II Veteran Melvin Dwork’s story as told by filmmaker Mike Jacoby; Air Force Master Sergeant David Brunstad’s coming out as told by his partner Darin; and a link to our first Gay Military Signal YouTube video of a Veteran’s Day 2011 address celebrating LGBT service.

glbt vetsnyc

Dec 31, 2011, 11:12:24 AM12/31/11
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Winter 2012 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with The Kiss –our pick for Photo of the Year -of two US Navy sailors kissing on the pier as one of the pair returns from deployment; A Tale of Two Americans –about two boyhood friends, one of whom volunteered to serve during Vietnam, and the other who fled to Canada to avoid the draft; and Mike Rankin’s stories of revisiting of Aussie mates met in Vietnam and Rabbis who’ve reevaluated old prejudices.

glbt vetsnyc

Mar 28, 2012, 12:31:56 PM3/28/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Spring 2012 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with AVER President Danny Ingram’s diatribe on the ongoing battle for equal benefits; the story of cadet Joshua Fontanez carrying the torch forward for our equal rights; and our own commentary on bigotry and the separation of beliefs and laws.

glbt vetsnyc

Apr 28, 2012, 11:56:48 AM4/28/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The May 2012 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring the story of LTC Adam Hackel, USAR, his courage and his pride; Danny Ingram’s discourse on taking care of our returning warriors; and a report from the San Diego LGBT Weekly on the effort to have a US Navy ship named after veteran, gay pioneer, and martyr Harvey Milk.

glbt vetsnyc

May 26, 2012, 1:08:47 PM5/26/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Pride Summer 2012 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Air Force Captain Marie Tracy’s story of transitioning to open service while deployed in Afghanistan; an interview with Missouri State Representative and gay veteran Zachary Wyatt; and our Pride Month remembrance of gay military heroes who served from WWII to Afghanistan

glbt vetsnyc

Jun 29, 2012, 2:50:24 PM6/29/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The July 2012 Pride Summer edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with US Navy Reserve Petty Officer Jeremy Johnson’s essay on his sense of pride upon hearing the Secretary of Defense thank and welcome gay service members; AVER President Danny Ingram relating his visit to the White House for President Obama’s Pride Reception, and a poem; a photo essay of LGBT veterans’ pride marches across America this past Pride Month; and our perspective on Secretary Panetta’s speech and the Pentagon’s first LGBT Pride event.

glbt vetsnyc

Aug 30, 2012, 9:53:16 AM8/30/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The September 2012 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring commentary on the one year anniversary of open service with our historical view and AVER President Danny Ingram’s forward looking perspective; and a report on the launch of a National LGBT Veterans’ Memorial in Washington DC.

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 28, 2012, 11:18:59 AM10/28/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The November 2012 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Danny Ingram’s Atlanta Pride experience, Michael Bedwell’s eloquent report on the unveiling of a plaque honoring Leonard Matlovich on Halsted in Chicago, and our view on voting for our rights on November 6th.

glbt vetsnyc

Nov 27, 2012, 2:02:10 PM11/27/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The December 2012 post-election edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring our tale of serving prior to Don’t Ask Don’t Tell; Veterans’ Day Parade pride photos; and our commentary on this past election.

glbt vetsnyc

Dec 29, 2012, 11:51:15 AM12/29/12
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The January 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring an interview with two USAF Academy Cadets who have founded the first official gay organization at the academy; a memoriam of gay hero Gus Archilla; and our perspective on the demise of DOMA.

glbt vetsnyc

Jan 28, 2013, 4:20:38 PM1/28/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The February 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our story of a soldier’s love; and our commentary on the President’s second inaugural words.

glbt vetsnyc

Feb 24, 2013, 12:11:37 PM2/24/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The March 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a report on honoring our Greatest Generation of LGBT veterans with a memorial at the National WWII Museum; A Kalamazoo College student’s exploration of our experience of serving in silence with documentary poetry; and the announcement of a design competition for the planned LGBT Veterans Memorial in Washington DC.

glbt vetsnyc

Mar 29, 2013, 11:04:04 AM3/29/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The April 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring the tale of two Navy vets marrying in a Native American ceremony; Danny Ingram’s examination of the Veterans Administration’s commitment to Minority Veterans; and our perspective on patriotism.

glbt vetsnyc

Apr 28, 2013, 11:31:22 AM4/28/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The May 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring the story of Lee Reinhart’s patriotism as he currently serves in Afghanistan; LTC Steve Loomis’ perspective on guns, as a former combat officer who led an infantry platoon in Vietnam; and our view on the politics of guns and marriage.

glbt vetsnyc

Jun 2, 2013, 5:32:26 PM6/2/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The June 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring AVER President Danny Ingram describing visiting the Vietnam Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery this past Memorial Day; the story of singing soldier Michael Hanko; and our story of a soldier coming home.

glbt vetsnyc

Jul 4, 2013, 7:56:04 PM7/4/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Independence Day/Pride Summer 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring AVER President Danny Ingram describing WWII veteran Jack Strouss’ service and life, as well as his deliberations about discrimination in America on the occasion of the demise of DOMA; our rant on the progress we’ve made since Truman was president; and Michael Bedwell’s monograph on the 25th anniversary of Leonard Matlovich’s death.

glbt vetsnyc

Jul 31, 2013, 12:03:51 PM7/31/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The August 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring US Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI) explaining the evolution of the Restore Honor to Service members Act, introduced in late July, to speed up discharge upgrades for those discharged for being gay; AVER President Danny Ingram’s commentary on the importance of Rep. Pocan’s bill; Dr. Robert Gutrhie (Salem, Virginia VAMC) describing the VA’s first inpatient PTSD program for LGBT veterans; and a brief roundup of research and photo projects seeking LGBT military and veteran volunteers.

glbt vetsnyc

Aug 30, 2013, 10:53:43 AM8/30/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Autumn 2013 edition
of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring news on the upcoming LGBT
service members’ and veterans’ AVER National Convention in Denver; RADM
Steinman’s wedding, and our perspective on the 50th anniversary of
the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech.

glbt vetsnyc

Sep 30, 2013, 1:22:04 PM9/30/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The October 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a special issue photo gallery and report on the AVER Convention’s election of LTC Steve Loomis (USA Ret.) as president to lead the activist veterans’ service organization in the post DADT era.

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 30, 2013, 3:36:02 PM10/30/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The November 2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring a listing of LGBT Veterans groups around the country that service members and veterans can march in pride with in this year’s Veterans’ Day Parades; Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA) relauches with new website; and a brief listing of university research projects seeking LGBT veteran participants.

glbt vetsnyc

Nov 29, 2013, 12:15:03 PM11/29/13
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The December  2013 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with an article by Senator  Mark Udall (D CO), a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, regarding VA  recognition of veteranssame sex marriages; an interview with out and proud US  Rep. Mike Michaud (D ME) the ranking member of the House Committee on Veterans  Affairs; a memoriam of gay WWII vet Elmer Lokkins; and our remembrance of  President John F. Kennedy on the fiftieth anniversary of his  assassination.

glbt vetsnyc

Jan 30, 2014, 11:14:03 AM1/30/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The February 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring the on-the-ground perspective on the progress of open service by a highly decorated straight SSG so far deployed five times; and our diatribe on the difference between bureaucracy and bigotry in denying our right to equality.

glbt vetsnyc

Mar 1, 2014, 1:53:38 PM3/1/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The March 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with an update on the revitalized mission of Transgender American Veterans Association (TAVA), and our commentary on the courage of out gay athletes and armed forces service members.

glbt vetsnyc

Mar 29, 2014, 2:58:51 PM3/29/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The April 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Danny Ingram’s memoriam of Chuck Schoen, a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam; and our commentary on the progress of gay marriage rights.

glbt vetsnyc

Apr 30, 2014, 12:30:27 PM4/30/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The May 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Lee Reinhart reporting upon his return from a year-long tour of duty in Afghanistan; and a retrospective on Coming Out at the 1964 World’s Fair.

glbt vetsnyc

Jun 12, 2014, 12:34:40 PM6/12/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Summer 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring LTC Steve Loomis reporting on a new memorial monument in Albuquerque honoring LGBT veterans; a research program notice seeking gay veterans and service members; and our monthly diary rant regarding a funeral, a wedding, a kiss, and a parade.

glbt vetsnyc

Jul 27, 2014, 2:36:23 PM7/27/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The August 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with Tony Smith reporting on memorializing our fallen at Arlington;  LTC Steve Loomis’ memories of a mountaintop 4th of July long ago in Vietnam, and our rant about a veteran and proud patriotic son of an illegal immigrant.

glbt vetsnyc

Aug 30, 2014, 3:18:40 PM8/30/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The September 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring our tribute to the legacy left to us by our gay Greatest Generation of WWII and Korean War veterans.

glbt vetsnyc

Sep 30, 2014, 1:31:42 PM9/30/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The October 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring our tribute our LGBT Vietnam heroes; and LTC Steve Loomis’ report on his testimony to Democratic Senators on the rights issues of concern to LGBT service members and veterans.

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 31, 2014, 1:58:32 PM10/31/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The November 2014 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Danny Ingram reporting on a USMC diversity event at Camp Lejeune, NC; the story of the military career of Laura Perry, MAJ USAF Ret.; photos of our LGBT vets marching in October’s Atlanta Pride Parade; and Our Heroes, Part III: Middle East Conflicts and the DADT Era.

glbt vetsnyc

Dec 25, 2014, 2:55:13 PM12/25/14
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The January 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring AVER VP Julz Carey’s report on the USCG honoring the first women at sea in a Washington DC ceremony; and our rant on the disrespect experienced by minorities in America.

glbt vetsnyc

Jan 29, 2015, 12:05:15 PM1/29/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The February 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring James Darby reporting on a new LGBT Veterans Monument soon to be dedicated at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Chicago; and our rant on the cusp of marriage equality in America.

glbt vetsnyc

Mar 14, 2015, 11:41:35 AM3/14/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The Spring 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with Transgender American Veterans Association President Major Evan Young (ret) detailing his military career; and our commentary on the “Thank You For Serving” controversy.

glbt vetsnyc

Apr 25, 2015, 1:30:16 PM4/25/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The May 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a report on the Veterans Crisis Line’s readiness in helping LGBT vets; the story of MSGT Joanne Carroll, USAF ret.; and our outraged commentary on Indiana’s law allowing discrimination.

glbt vetsnyc

May 30, 2015, 10:54:13 AM5/30/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The June 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with Danny Ingram’s report on ‘AVER’s Honoring American Heroes on Memorial Day in Washington DC;’  Michael Bedwell’s and James Darby’s reports on AVER Chicago’s Memorial Day dedication of a Monument to LGBT Veterans at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery;  the story of Trinity Downing, rodeo rider, soldier, and expert marksman; and a listing of upcoming LGBT Veterans’ Pride events across the country.

glbt vetsnyc

Jun 26, 2015, 11:32:06 AM6/26/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The July 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our commentary on the Supreme Court decision legalizing same sex marriage nationwide; Danny Ingram’s report on LGB military personnel gaining access to the MEO program and the VA’s starting an LGBT Special Emphasis group; and the story of USAF MAJ Shari Zabel, ret., Fighter Pilot.

glbt vetsnyc

Aug 25, 2015, 3:37:09 PM8/25/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The September 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with the story of US Navy linguist Rachael Booth; COL Sheri Swokowski (ret.) reporting on progress on open Transgender service and attending the White House LGBT Pride reception; and the opportunity to participate in a VA LGBT veterans survey.

glbt vetsnyc

Sep 28, 2015, 3:34:50 PM9/28/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The October 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Danny Ingram memorializing WWII gay hero John McNeil; Gene Silvestri telling his story; and this veteran’s remembrance of his family coming to America as refugees

See it all on Gay Military Signal

-Sgt Denny

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 31, 2015, 2:47:25 PM10/31/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The November 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a report on RADM Alan Steinman speaking at the Citadel; details on educating the VA about Gay Veterans; and a listing of upcoming LGBT Veterans’ Day events.

See it all on Gay Military Signal

-Sgt. Denny

glbt vetsnyc

Dec 2, 2015, 2:54:36 PM12/2/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The December 2015 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring Kimberly Moore’s veteran’s perspective on Transgender Day of Remembrance; LTC Steve Loomis’ preview of the AVER Convention coming up in April in Albuquerque; and Michael Bedwell reports on a Veterans Day Congressional Cemetery ceremony honoring WWII veteran Frank Kameny and Vietnam veteran Leonard Matlovich.

glbt vetsnyc

Dec 30, 2015, 2:13:59 PM12/30/15
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The January 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring our Tenth Anniversary Retrospective looking back at the lives of four of our fallen heroes, along with our cranky commentary on where we are now.

glbt vetsnyc

Mar 1, 2016, 12:41:18 PM3/1/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The March 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with TAVA President Evan Young’s report on attending a Pentagon meeting on diversity and inclusion; Paula Coffer’s memoir on her distinguished service career; and “Trans Vet Lexicography: a brief introduction to politically correct transgender terminology as applied to military personnel and veterans.”

glbt vetsnyc

May 8, 2016, 9:58:31 AM5/8/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The May 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line featuring a full photo report on the Albuquerque NM  national convention of American Veterans for Equal Rights in April.

glbt vetsnyc

Jun 13, 2016, 1:12:52 PM6/13/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The June-July 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our commentary on the Orlando atrocity; and our rather rude rant regarding legislation on the use of public restrooms by Transgender Americans.

glbt vetsnyc

Jul 28, 2016, 2:21:28 PM7/28/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The August  2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our blunt commentary on killings and presidential politics, and 2016 Vets Pride parade photos.

glbt vetsnyc

Aug 29, 2016, 11:02:33 AM8/29/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The September  2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our commentary on the US Navy naming a ship after Harvey Milk; and the story of the uncommon life of Marine Veteran Randi Blocker.

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 2, 2016, 3:02:33 PM10/2/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The October 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our perspective on the fifth anniversary of the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell; and we welcome our political satire partner, The Buskepelheit Report, with vintage advice on who to vote for in 1956.

glbt vetsnyc

Oct 31, 2016, 11:55:51 AM10/31/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The November 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with our perspective on the patriotism of taking a knee.

Remember to Vote on Tuesday November 8th!

glbt vetsnyc

Nov 28, 2016, 11:55:37 AM11/28/16
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The December 2016 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a mission statement by of LTC Steve Loomis (Ret), President of American Veterans for Equal Rights, and our memoriam to Navy Chief Jim Donovan.

glbt vetsnyc

Jan 2, 2017, 8:49:54 PM1/2/17
to gaymilit...@googlegroups.com
The January 2017 edition of Gay Military Signal is now on-line with a double challenge to stand up and speak out.