GD Discussion 11/1: Holidays and the Gay Community

Gay District

Oct 31, 2019, 10:54:28 PM10/31/19
to gaydi...@googlegroups.com, umberto....@gmail.com, Predilection For Poodles, zdo...@gmail.com, nki...@gmail.com, Beept...@gmail.com, yave...@hotmail.com

Hey Everyone!

 Hope you all had a Happy Halloween (Or Discount Chocolate Day tomorrow!)

Join us this tomorrow, Friday, November 1st as I lead this weeks discussion:

‘Tis the Jolliest Time of Year? Holidays and the Gay Community.

We have reached the point of the year where there are significant holidays coming up: Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas to name a few. For some this is (as the say) a wonderful time of year while for others...not so much. Many of these holidays can have a large helping of Family so how yours goes may depend on the status of your relationship. Throw in scenario of relatives not know you have a boyfriend or have come out to your parents and things can get messy.

What is your relationship with the holidays? Are they something you enjoy? Do you celebrate them with your family? Why or Why not? Have you ever had a bad experience that revolved around your sexuality?

Join us at the DC Center this Friday at 8:30 PM.

Hope to see you there.

Take care!

-Emmanuel

P.S. We are having our annual Fall Potluck this month! It’ll be on Friday, November 15th starting at 8 PM. We request that you bring some food or drinks to share is possible as we hang out and have a good time. If interested please let us know so we may accomdate accordingly. Thanks!