Meet and fly-in 2012

Petrus Botha

Mar 1, 2012, 11:37:34 AM3/1/12
to GautengSA
Gents, (and ladies if there are any) we have all been part of the diy
drones community for a while now, communicated via e-mail and the
forums but until now none of us have actually met.

I propose a weekend meet-up and fly-in. Most of us are members with
different RC Flying clubs and most are members of SAMAA. To have a
meeting at a local club might give us issues regarding frequencies
etc.

I have acces to a place on a farm in the Naboomspruit surroundings
which can provide us with an airstrip, accommodation and food at a
very decent price.

What are your opinions?

Taqyon

Mar 2, 2012, 12:27:05 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com

Klink lekker ongelukkig bietjie van 'n trip vir my!

Bam um

Mar 2, 2012, 12:34:56 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com
Sal dit gerus bywoon

Groete
Johann
Www.ardidrones.com

Please safe our environment and do not print this email.

Graham Dyer

Mar 2, 2012, 12:37:36 AM3/2/12
to GautengSA
Well, lets get an indication of where everyone is?

I'm in Randburg, JHB

Graham

Bam um

Mar 2, 2012, 12:55:59 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com
Same here
Randburg !

Please safe our environment and do not print this email.

Taqyon

Mar 2, 2012, 1:48:53 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com
Cape Town!

Sarel Wagner

Mar 2, 2012, 2:30:35 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com
Afhangend van die datum sal ek graag bywoon. Centurion

Sent from my iPhone

Petrus Botha

Mar 2, 2012, 3:07:21 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com
I am in Centurion

I think this is a wonderfull opportunity for all those living in Gauteng.
The LatLong of the proposed place is -24.508679° 28.553433°. In google
earth you can see the airstrip to the West of the main complex. It used to
be in use for light aircraft but not so anymore.

Should we decide to continue, I will make arrangements to prepare the area
and the airstrip specifically for us (also make arrangemnets with SAMAA for
strip and airspace) after which we can decide on a date. There are also a
lot of members on the Diy Drones forum who does not connect to this group,
how do we get everyone involved?

Petrus Botha
Managing Member

Sent from my iPhone

09:34:00

Bam um

Mar 2, 2012, 3:46:34 AM3/2/12
to gaut...@googlegroups.com
Blog it ! I tried ogiginize something towards the end of last year but all couldn't make it , I have about 10 people from SA that will join , I can email them if we have date

Please safe our environment and do not print this email.

arl...@arlinephotography.co.za

Apr 25, 2012, 5:59:02 PM4/25/12
to GautengSA
Andre van Pretoria