Zap 2.0.0 released!

James Wickett

Jan 30, 2013, 11:43:41 AM1/30/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
A Zap integration with gauntlt really makes sense.  Lets discuss next week on the gauntlt call.

psiinon

Jan 30, 2013, 11:52:12 AM1/30/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
Larry has started looking at this :)

http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/issues/detail?id=439

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/zaproxy-develop/-g8k53kV1PU/discussion

Cheers,

Simon

--

---

OWASP ZAP Project leader

James Wickett

Jan 30, 2013, 12:07:15 PM1/30/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

For someone getting started with ZAP, what are the materials you often
point people at? Wiki, PDFs, slide decks, books, vids, ...

Again, big congrats on the new release! This is great.

-James

psiinon

Jan 30, 2013, 12:16:32 PM1/30/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

The help pages supplied with ZAP should cover all of the functionality, but I must admit they're not going to be that easy to read :)
We've got a lot of info on the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/Introduction
Including some training videos: http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/Videos
Note that these dont cover any of the 2.0.0 features yet.

I'm planning on doing a Google Hangout showing the new features at 17:00 UTC on Friday 8th Feb - details to be announced via https://twitter.com/zaproxy
Hopefully this will get recorded, but I've not tried this in anger yet, so anything could happen!

But the best thing to do is download ZAP and have a play :)

And if you have any questions then either email me, ask them here on the ZAP user group (or dev group if they are technical).

I've been following Gauntlt since near the start, but I just havnt been able to find enough time to get stuck in :(
I really want ZAP to integrate as well as possible with Gauntlt, and luckily Larry has stepped in and taken this on :)
I'll support him (and anyone else) as much as I can with the ZAP side, and have no problems extending ZAP to make this integration as good as possible.

Cheers,

Simon