Regular expressions in gauntlt tests

Steve Hershman II

Aug 13, 2013, 12:52:09 AM8/13/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
   I was playing with one of the example nmap scripts a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that the script would fail for sites that seemingly should have passed if you'd run the nmap command directly.
   After looking a little closer, I realized that nmap spaces its output differently depending on what it finds for the list of ports that return results (specifically, "open", "closed", and "filtered".  The attack rules I had before had literal whitespace defined, so those wouldn't always match when they should.  With a little regexing I could build some better checks...what regex support does gauntlt provide today?  Thanks in advance.

-Steve H

Carl Sampson

Aug 13, 2013, 9:39:20 AM8/13/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
I've seen that as well.  Particularly with nmap.  It may take me awhile to get up to speed, but I would be willing to research how to implement that.

--

---

James Wickett

Aug 13, 2013, 2:32:14 PM8/13/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com
One way to do this is to use the output parsing with the "match" statements.

I changed the example on gauntlt.org to show the regex options.

Then the output should match /80.tcp\s+open/
    Then the output should not match:
      """
      25\/tcp\s+open
      """
Do these work for your needs?

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Hershman II

Aug 23, 2013, 7:43:03 PM8/23/13
to gau...@googlegroups.com, gau...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay.   That hits the spot.  Thanks guys.

-Steve H
Sent from my iPad
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gauntlt" group.