autodesk's bim deployment plan download

MistressOfTheDorkness

Mar 17, 2010, 10:42:46 PM3/17/10
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
Autodesk just put out some documents that comprise a 'BIM Deployment
Plan'

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=14652957&siteID=123112

It looks like a 42-page document (in word or pdf) plus an excel
spreadsheet to plan out level of detail requirements

I've been collecting links to similar documents for some time, they
can be found in the following post:
http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/2009/07/revit-standards-getting-started-guides.html

plus some other links I haven't added to the post yet:
http://doa.wi.gov/dsf/masterspec_view_new.asp?catid=61&locid=4
http://www.tfc.state.tx.us/communities/facilities/prog/construct/formsindex
http://www.sdccdprops-n.com/BUILDING%20STANDARDS/Forms/AllItems.aspx
http://www.engr.psu.edu/ae/cic/BIMEx/download.aspx
http://aecuk.wordpress.com/
http://www.viewbyview.com/html/bim_guidelines.html

;-) marketing hype, erm, press release below \/

Autodesk Publishes Framework to Help AEC Professionals Implement BIM
Process

The Autodesk BIM Deployment Plan is a Free, Web-accessible Resource
Offering Tools and Guidance Based on Real-World Practices

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. March 17, 2010 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), a
world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software, announced
the availability of its Autodesk BIM (Building Information Modeling)
Deployment Plan: A Practical Framework for Implementing BIM, a new web-
accessible resource for building industry professionals. Aimed at all
AEC stake-holders, including owners, architects, engineers and
contractors, the free guide includes support materials and a framework
based on real-world applications of BIM. Tools offered include
templates to help manage multi-discipline communications within a BIM
project, as well as suggestions for the roles and responsibilities of
each party in a BIM process-based project, best business process
examples and suggested software to support an effective BIM
environment.

As the building industry continues to evolve, technologies such as
visualization, simulation and analysis are fundamentally changing how
projects get delivered. Now more than ever, collaboration and
transparency are essential and effective for anticipating and reducing
problems related to cost overruns, schedule, scope and quality.
Autodesk has been at the forefront of BIM technology adoption
including the creation of a portfolio of software products that
facilitate a BIM solution.

“New technology is creating enormous opportunities for the building
industry to improve processes and outcomes, and many organizations
still need guidance on how to share information as well as streamline
project communications,” said Phil Bernstein, FAIA, Autodesk vice
president of building industry strategy & relations. “The Autodesk
BIM Deployment Plan was designed to help companies navigate the entire
process via one collaborative framework and subsequently deliver
projects faster, more economically and with reduced environmental
impact.”

“As strong advocates of BIM, we can develop building design strategies
that are extremely well integrated and coordinated, substantially
increasing our efficiency and lessening the building time – all of
which allow us more time to create inspiring designs for our clients,”
said Dick Thomas, vice president at SHP and executive director of
2enCompass. “Now taking this a step farther, The Autodesk BIM
Deployment Plan has helped us further advance BIM project
implementation by better documenting stakeholder roles and
responsibilities and most importantly, helping us deliver the right
information from the project model to the right people at the right
time to drive our project forward.”

“Communication and collaboration amongst strategic team players is
vital to the success of our projects,” said Mark Konchar vice
president at Balfour Beatty Construction, Washington division. “The
BIM Deployment Plan is helping us develop a BIM implementation process
best suited for the technology needs of the project and tailored to
the abilities of the players involved. It is also helpful in defining
clear roles and responsibilities for the execution of workflows on our
jobs.”

About BIM

BIM is an integrated process for exploring a project’s key physical
and functional characteristics digitally before it’s built, helping to
deliver projects faster and more economically, while minimizing
environmental impact. Coordinated, consistent information is used
throughout the process to design innovative projects, better visualize
and simulate real-world appearance, performance and cost, and create
more accurate documentation.

About Autodesk
Autodesk, Inc., is a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and
entertainment software for the manufacturing, building and
construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its
introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to
develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software to help
customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built.
Fortune 100 companies ¾ as well as the last 15 Academy Award winners
for Best Visual Effects ¾ use Autodesk software tools to design,
visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance
quality, and foster innovation for competitive advantage. For
additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.

MistressOfTheDorkness

Mar 18, 2010, 3:59:55 PM3/18/10
to Gateway Autodesk Users Group
forgot a link in the list I'd compiled.

http://www.indiana.edu/~uao/iubim.html

On Mar 17, 9:42 pm, MistressOfTheDorkness