Non blocking check for WS

Sergey Tokmakov

Sep 6, 2021, 9:26:21 AM9/6/21
to Gatling User Group
Hi,

does anyone knows how to do a non-blocking check for a websocket? It used to be known as wsListen in Galing 2.. versions. From version 3 it seems that we only have blocking await check.

I  can't use await before a HTTP request is executed and I can't use await after HTTP response is received because messages come inside the HTTP's responce. So the only option would be to make a non-blocking check before the request is sent.

Regards

Stéphane LANDELLE

Sep 7, 2021, 7:32:38 AM9/7/21
to gat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The implementation in Gatling 2 was very buggy as this use case is very hard to implement.
It hasn't been implemented in Gatling 3 yet.

If you're really in dire need of this feature, you can either contribute it, or contract with us so we can allot resources to work on it.

Regards,

--

Stéphane Landelle

Chief Technical Officer