Reminder - ByteWorks Geek Garage Sale and Trivia Contest

1 view

Nathan Neff

Nov 25, 2010, 11:16:15 AM11/25/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder about the Geek Garage Sale and Trivia Contest that
benefit Byteworks here in St. Louis. You'll get a much-needed break from
the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving and Black Friday and help a good cause
in the process!

Gateway Groovy members, this is Nate, your humble presenter for the
Dec. 7th Gateway Groovy meeting.  I'm a volunteer @ ByteWORKS, a
nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization here in St. Louis that provides computers
and classes for underprivileged kids here in St. Louis.

We're having two exciting events on Saturday Nov. 27th that I think
you'd be interested in:

------------------
Event #1

ByteWORKS (http://stlbyteworks.org) is having a "Geek" Garage Sale on
Saturday November 27 from 10am to 1pm.  Any sales will benefit ByteWORKS,
a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization specializing in teaching computers to
underprivileged children in St. Louis.

There will be $50 computers for sale, and unless specified, everything's priced
at what you're willing to donate!

For more information and an overview of items for sale, please
see http://stlbyteworks.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/geek-garage-sale.jpg
or e-mail in...@bworks.org!

ByteWORKS
4100 Shenandoah
St. Louis, 63110
------------------

Event #2:

ByteWORKS(http://stlbyteworks.org) is hosting a "Geek" Trivia Contest.
The contest will immediately follow the Geek Garage Sale on Saturday,
Nov. 27th at 1.p.m. at Thurman Grill, across from 4100 Shenandoah.

ByteWORKS is hosting a Geek Trivia contest with categories including
Science Fiction, Video Games, Math and of course, Computer Science.

Prizes include items from Missouri Carving and Iron Work, Byteworks Gear,
gift certificates, USB Keys, and more!

We're asking for a $10 donation to participate in the Geek
Trivia Contest, and all proceeds directly benefit ByteWORKS.

For more information please see:
http://stlbyteworks.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/trivia.jpg
or e-mail in...@bworks.org

ByteWORKS