ANN: Strange Loop Conference - St. Louis - Oct. 14-15

Alex Miller

Aug 28, 2010, 5:10:55 PM8/28/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've posted about this before but I wanted to mention it again as the conference is growing closer.  If you're interested in Groovy (or other JVM languages like Scala or Clojure), you would be CRAZY to miss the opportunity to see a great conference like this in your own town.

Groovy talks (all from top Groovy speakers) include:
- Groovy and Concurrency - Paul King
- Writing Domain Specific Languages (DSLs) Using Groovy - Paul King
- Building Twitter with Grails in 40 Minutes - Jeff Brown
- Gaelyk: Lightweight Groovy on the Google App Engine - Tim Berglund
- Gradle - The Polyglot Build System - Ken Sipe

In addition to these Groovy talks, you can find dozens of other amazing talks on other languages like Clojure and Scala, web, scaling apps, mobile, nosql, etc.  Josh Bloch, author of Effective Java and co-author of Java Concurrency in Practice, will be doing a Java Puzzlers talk with "Crazy" Bob Lee!  Check out the full schedule at the links below.

More info:
- Registration:  https://regonline.com/strangeloop2010  - $190 till Oct 1st

Hope you can make it....

Thanks,