Informal Survey - Do you use Groovy/Grails at work?

David Jacobs

Mar 2, 2010, 4:09:46 PM3/2/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com, GatewayGroo...@meetup.com
There are many software developers in St. Louis using Groovy/Grails at work (e.g., "day job"), but unbeknownst to the rest of us. This is an informal survey to get a better sense of adoption patterns.

Do you use Groovy/Grails at work?

A) We use Groovy and Grails.
B) We use Groovy as a core development language, but not Grails.
C) We use Groovy for secondary/supporting purposes only (unit tests, builds, "glue", small scripting tasks, etc.).
D) We don't use Groovy at all, but are considering it.
E) We don't use Groovy, and never will.

Feel free to share usage scenarios and experiences!

David Jacobs
@MetaThis
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jacobs/17/188/1ba

Dave Klein

Mar 3, 2010, 8:19:06 AM3/3/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com
Great idea David,

A - We use Groovy and Grails almost exclusively.

Dave

Grails: A Quick-Start Guide
http://pragprog.com/titles/dkgrails
http://gquick.blogspot.com

Eric Danker

Mar 3, 2010, 9:08:57 AM3/3/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com
C) We use Groovy for secondary/supporting purposes only (unit tests, builds, "glue", small scripting tasks, etc.).  (Mostly XML-parsing/manipulating)

I've used Grails to rapidly prototype small-ish webapps...but we haven't used it for anything production....yet.

- Eric
:: http://labs.breomedia.com ::
:: http://eric.danker.org ::

Matthew Taylor

Mar 3, 2010, 10:44:54 AM3/3/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com
E) We don't use Groovy, and (probably) never will.

:( I don't know any of the Java devs here apart from Sven Haiges, but
I don't think he uses it either (except for individual internal
tools).

--
matthew taylor
yahoo! front-end engineer