ANN: Strange Loop conference, St. Louis, Oct. 14-15

Alex Miller

Jul 17, 2010, 8:56:35 AM7/17/10
to gateway...@googlegroups.com
Hello Groovy guys and gals,

I'm the organizer for the Strange Loop conference in St. Louis.  I have just released the full schedule for the 2010 conference and I have included many "Groovy" talks that I thought you might be interested in.

Groovy talks:
- Groovy and Concurrency - Paul King
- Writing Domain Specific Languages (DSLs) Using Groovy - Paul King
- Building Twitter with Grails in 40 Minutes - Jeff Brown
- Gaelyk: Lightweight Groovy on the Google App Engine - Tim Berglund
- Gradle - The Polyglot Build System - Ken Sipe

In addition to these Groovy talks, you can find dozens of other amazing talks on other languages like Clojure and Scala, web, scaling apps, mobile, nosql, etc.  Josh Bloch, author of Effective Java and co-author of Java Concurrency in Practice, will be doing a Java Puzzlers talk with "Crazy" Bob Lee!

More info:
- Registration:  https://regonline.com/strangeloop2010  - $150 till Aug. 6th!

It's going to be a fantastic conference and I hope all of you can make it!

Thanks,
Alex Miller