Employer not responding to Writ of Garnishment

drewho...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2013, 9:50:54 AM9/23/13
to garnish...@googlegroups.com
I recently was awarded a default judgement against a previous tenant for back rent and court costs.  After waiting 10 days a Writ of Garnishment was issued to both the employer and bank of the defendant.  As I understand it, the employer and bank have 30 days to respond or submit garnishment once the Writ of Garnishment has been served.  My question is as follows: If neither the employer or bank have responded after 30 days, what is my recourse?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Tom Fox

Sep 23, 2013, 5:05:21 PM9/23/13
to Google group - garnishment
There's not much to think about without knowing the state or states involved. The state where the ex-tenant resides and the states where the employer and bank are located.