Michigan bank garn any exception for min income?

已查看 8 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

cgsmith

未读,
2009年12月17日 13:08:162009/12/17
收件人 Garnishment Law
I live in Michigan. I am unemployed, and my total earrings for this
year were just over $5,100. I have almost no assists. My home has
been foreclosed and I have sold off almost anything of value. For
practical purposes I have $290 in a checking account (I use it for a
debit card) and $100 in a saving account. The only other thing of
value I have is a 2003 Ford car.

I know the $100 in saving is exempt. I am wondering if there is any
way to get an exemption based on min income? The garn law exempts
about $154/week from a paycheck, so the intent is to allow a person to
exempt about $7700 a year (figuring a 50 week year). Does anyone know
if this has ever been argued? I am guessing that people that get
paid every 2 weeks have $308 exempted and if one was paid one a month
they would adjust that as well.

Thanks!
CGSmith

回复全部