Texas Non-garnishment Wage Garnishment for Child Support

Tom Fox

Feb 28, 2014, 12:29:45 PM2/28/14
to Garnishment
I’m not messing with Texas. Seriously, I’m not. It just so happens that I’m spending a fair amount of time these days researching the Texas laws relating to garnishment. In addition to pure judicial garnishment and pure administrative garnishment, child support judicial ‘wage garnishment’ is a separate procedural category.

There are, at least, three general categories of garnishment in Texas:

(1) Traditional judicial civil garnishment under Texas CP §63.001 to §63.008, for the collection of private, non-support, debts. Generally, the Texas Constitution (Article 16 Sec. 28) prohibits wage garnishment for these types of debts. Also, Tex. CP § 63.004 specifically exempts current wages from this type of garnishment: . . . (read more)

http://boringdetails.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/texas-non-garnishment-wage-garnishment-for-child-support/