Texas garnishment form

Tom Fox

Jun 8, 2014, 9:51:27 AM6/8/14
to garnish...@googlegroups.com
Question:

Can I get the writ of garnishment form? I am living in Texas. I got default judgement and defendant are not paying me money. he has money in the bank so want to file writ of garnishment.

Please send me a link to download the form of writ of garnishment or email me.

Answer:

I wish I could help you, but Texas garnishment law is astonishingly complicated and I am a long way from finishing my book. I have not seen any simple form that a non-lawyer can safely use. Texas courts have long held that garnishment is a harsh remedy and requires strict compliance with the statutory provisions and related rules, Beggs v. Fite, 106 S.W.2d 1039 (Tex. 1937), and there are a LOT of rules. You have to get it right first time, or they will happily bounce your garnishment petition out the door and down the courthouse steps. There are over one thousand Texas appellate court opinions on garnishment and I have read only about 200, so far. I’m working on it. One of these days I’ll be able to provide an instruction manual, but not today. Thanks for asking. Good luck to you.