ERROR: Multiple models specified, but only one data subset found

hannah...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 2:01:00 PM5/6/16
to garli_users
Hi all,
I'm trying to get a Garli run started, and I saw another thread with the same error message as the subject of this thread. However, even after I reformatted my Nexus file to reflect the difference, I still get the same message: ERROR: Multiple models specified, but only one data subset found.

I've attached my config and nexus files.

Anyone have ideas for fixes? I'm running Garli-2.01 on Mac OSX 10.10.5.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Hannah
NewWorldPapilio_MolecularOnly.nex
garli.conf

Derrick Zwickl

May 9, 2016, 12:32:24 PM5/9/16
to garli_users, hannah...@gmail.com

Hi Hannah,

There are a few formatting problems with your nexus file.

There is no "end;" command after the characters block and before beginning the sets block.

Secondly, the format of the charpartition command is a little off.  You need semicolons in place of your equals signs, i.e.,
charpartition bypos = pos1:p1 p1b, pos2:p2 p2b, pos3:p3 p3b p3c, pos4:p4, pos5:p5, pos6:p6, pos7:p7 p7b;
rather than
charpartition bypos = pos1=p1 p1b, pos2=p2 p2b, pos3=p3 p3b p3c, pos4=p4, pos5=p5, pos6=p6, pos7=p7 p7b;

Sorry about how confusing the format of that command is, it is part of the Nexus standard, not something that I devised.

There is also an error in some of your model specifications in the garli.conf file. The correct way to specify a model without gamma rate heterogeneity is this:
> ratehetmodel = none
> numratecats = 1

Thanks for your patience, and let me know if you have other issues.

Best,
Derrick