Error in Nexus file of Morphological data

Prudhvi Raj

Dec 12, 2013, 12:25:46 PM12/12/13
to garli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
    I am working on systematics of Anurans  using morphological characters. I wish to perform ML analysis of my morphological data using Mkv model. How ever my nexus file is not being accepted by the Garli console. Should be grateful if any one can correct my nexus file. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Prudhvi Raj
tadpole.nex
tadpolee.nex

Derrick Zwickl

Dec 13, 2013, 1:42:45 PM12/13/13
to garli...@googlegroups.com

Hi Prudhvi,

There are a number of problems with the tadpole.nex NEXUS file.  Make it a data block rather than characters block, parentheses aren't legal in charlabels, I think that you have unintended spaces in some of your charlabels (e.g. 26), and finally, not all of the taxa have the same number of characters, e.g. the second taxon has one fewer.

I didn't check further than that.  Fix those issues and we can see what happens from there.

Best,
Derrick

Prudhvi Raj

Dec 15, 2013, 12:27:57 AM12/15/13
to garli...@googlegroups.com
Dear Deerik,
 I did incorporate the correctections of what you advised be to incorporate. However after the programme cant read beyond the dimensions line. I am here by attaching you two of the nex files after correction. Should be grateful if you can kindly help me out in this regard.

Regards
Prudhvi raj
tadpolefinal.nex
tadppolefinalcompletedata.nex

Derrick Zwickl

Dec 19, 2013, 11:32:37 AM12/19/13
to garli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prudhvi,

It is easier for me to troubleshooting these problems if you let me know the error message that you are getting.

Regardless, I think that you just need to add a list of symbols to the format line, i.e.
    Format datatype=standard missing=? symbols="01234567";

Best,
Derrick