Re: [garglk-dev] Digest for garglk-dev@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Michael Baum

Feb 4, 2022, 1:54:59 PM2/4/22
to gargl...@googlegroups.com
This is a very minor thing, but in the INSTALL.md document under system-specifics for Fedora you might note that cmake should be run with the -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr /or/ the library file libgarglk.so needs to be symbolically linked to /usr/lib64, as Fedora, I think, does not normally look for libraries in the local subtree.

maab

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 9:26 PM <gargl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Chris Spiegel <cspi...@gmail.com>: Jan 29 02:48PM -0800

> too much trouble, would you be willing to do another build when that
> lands? If it proves more work than he anticipates, I'll just use the
> build you provided here.

After a brief hiatus, it's now (again!) release time, and since we've
hit a new year, the release will become 2022.1. I've pushed a branch
called releases/2022.1 which, barring any problems, will be the
official 2022.1 release. Andrew and Petter, when you have time, can
you please do macOS builds from this branch? When those are
available, I'll provide Windows binaries and a Linux AppImage, then
tag the release.

Thanks everyone for helping get this release out!

--
Chris

Michael Baum <maa...@gmail.com>
https://xkcd.com/224/

You should never have your best trousers on when you go out
 to fight for freedom and truth. - Ibsen

Chris Spiegel

Feb 4, 2022, 6:39:01 PM2/4/22
to garglk-dev
Thanks for the note: I've added a small blurb regarding this, and also pointing out the gargoyle-buildrpm.sh script, for building RPMs.

For Linux, the ideal situation is for all distributions to provide their own packages (or have third-party packages provided, e.g. AUR on Arch), so individual users don't have to build things, though I realize that the use of obsolete libraries (gtk2 and sdl1) in the past has made it difficult for that to happen.