[provider-aws] Upcoming change to AWS IAM policy

Ismail Alidzhikov

Apr 22, 2021, 11:40:54 AM4/22/21
to gardener
Gardener community,

With this message we would like to inform you about an upcoming change to the AWS IAM policy document.

In near future we would like to roll out a new version of Gardener AWS extension that has impact on the AWS IAM policy. The Gardener AWS extension will require one additional permission (action) - iam:ListRolePolicies. We notify you about this upcoming change as we treat it as breaking one - the new permission (action) iam:ListRolePolicies will be required to successfully provision and reconcile Gardener managed Kubernetes clusters on AWS.

You can find more details in the corresponding issue [2].

Best regards,
Ismail A. on behalf of the Gardener team