Moving Gardener community meeting to Friday 10:00 CET

Matthias Sohn

Nov 16, 2018, 12:39:29 PM11/16/18
to gard...@googlegroups.com
We will move the Gardener community meeting to Friday 10:00 CET in order to allow the Alicloud team
located in China to participate. Let us know if this is a problem for you.

Next meeting is on Friday Nov 23, 10:00 CET

-Matthias

Alex Arnoldy

Feb 13, 2019, 6:58:43 AM2/13/19
to gardener
Hi All,

On our last call I thought I heard that we were going to vote on a meeting time that might fit other time zones (i.e. the US). If we do hold such a vote, I would vote for something closer to 4:00 AM PST (CEST-9:00), which would be 1:00 PM in CEST.

Best regards,

--Alex Arnoldy
Solutions Architect, SUSE LLC

Matthias Sohn

Feb 13, 2019, 8:26:12 AM2/13/19
to Alex Arnoldy, gardener
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Alex Arnoldy <alexa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

On our last call I thought I heard that we were going to vote on a meeting time that might fit other time zones (i.e. the US). If we do hold such a vote, I would vote for something closer to 4:00 AM PST (CEST-9:00), which would be 1:00 PM in CEST.

The poll on the second meeting slot happened already last week, it was started on the Gardener slack channel [1]
and concluded with the second time slot on every second Thursday 17:00-18:00 CET [2]. The first meeting
at this time will be held tomorrow Feb 14 17:00 CET.

I think this time 5:00 PM CET (= 11:00 AM EST = 8:00 AM PST) is better suitable for US attendees at least
at the west coast than 4:00 AM PST

Apologies for not posting this on the mailing list earlier.

Alex Arnoldy

Feb 13, 2019, 9:19:49 AM2/13/19
to gardener
Thanks!

It seems that one cannot add an account to the kubernetes.slack.com without an invite. Is it possible to send me an invite so I can reach the Gardener slack channel?

TIA,

--Alex.

Matthias Sohn

Feb 13, 2019, 9:44:32 AM2/13/19
to Alex Arnoldy, gardener
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 3:19 PM Alex Arnoldy <alexa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!

It seems that one cannot add an account to the kubernetes.slack.com without an invite. Is it possible to send me an invite so I can reach the Gardener slack channel?

It seems the kubernetes slack workspace doesn't allow explicit invitations by existing workspace members.
There is a self invite application [1] but currently invitations are closed due to some recent attacks, see [2].

-Matthias

Alex Arnoldy

Feb 13, 2019, 10:04:05 AM2/13/19
to gardener
Right. Would someone mind making an effort to add important communications here until Slack starts accepting new invites?

Is the meeting information the same, just a different day and time?

TIA,

--Alex.

Matthias Sohn

Feb 13, 2019, 11:37:36 AM2/13/19
to Alex Arnoldy, gardener
I'll ask the team to copy important information here until slack is back.

Find the meeting details here
this page also has a link to the Gardener Google calendar and explains how you can add it to your
favourite calendar client.

Alex Arnoldy

Feb 13, 2019, 12:51:22 PM2/13/19
to Matthias Sohn, gardener
Thanks!

Matthias Sohn

Mar 12, 2019, 2:38:57 PM3/12/19
to Alex Arnoldy, gardener
Hi Alex,

finally the k8s slack channel is back in business and accepting invites, see below

-Matthias