Roadmap for the year ahead

Pablo Chacin

Dec 11, 2018, 11:25:46 AM12/11/18
to gardener
Greetings

I'm new to the project and something I would like to know, but I've been unable to find, is the roadmap for the year ahead.
From the community meetings I have joined so far (just two) It seams to me Gardener project is mature and is entering
a normal maintenance/improvement phase, without any major changes for architecture or functionality planned.
Is that impression correct? Is there any roadmap or planning document or ongoing conversation about this?

Thanks in advance.

Chandrasekhara, Vasu

Dec 11, 2018, 2:08:25 PM12/11/18
to Pablo Chacin, gardener

I believe your impression is correct with respect to stability. We might disagree wrt to the nature of the improvement phase, there are some structural changes proposed.

But more importantly, you stumbled upon the point that we have to more prominently communicate the roadmap, or better, the process on how we come to the roadmap.

The next major improvement activity includes an architectural change (also in order to be able to parallelize community activity) and is documented in this GEP:

https://github.com/gardener/gardener/blob/master/docs/proposals/01-extensibility.md

(I can’t find the recording of that session …)

Please state your question again in our next meeting:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1314v8ziVNQPjdBrWp-Y4BYrTDlv7dq2cWDFIa9SMaP4/edit

Regards, Vasu

Pablo Chacin

Dec 11, 2018, 2:56:37 PM12/11/18
to gard...@googlegroups.com, vasu.chan...@sap.com

Thank you por pointing me to this documentation. I will bring my questions to the next meeting.

>>> "Chandrasekhara, Vasu" <vasu.chan...@sap.com> 12/11/18 8:08 PM >>>