Minutes of the meeting of Garden Estate 27 Oct 2012

Darshana Trivedi

Nov 24, 2012, 1:42:33 PM11/24/12
to Fernandes Sunil A bldg, Garden Estate, Ashok Kumar Col B-15, Garden estate, Pranav Patil, Sanjay Gokhale, Madhav Ranade, Kekre A bldg, Viressh Shah A bldg, Sunil Fernandes, Naqvi A bldg, Atharva Patil, Lalitha Natraj, Rajeev Karlekar, kalpesh...@yahoo.com, Jog A bldg, Rathod C building, Niharika Rai Dr. Maqdum C bldg, Magdum Prem C bldg, Magdum Ravi C bldg, Sonia Ravindra, Satish Sutaria, Naik Satish C bldg, Bina Thomas A bldg
The minutes of the meeting held recently were distributed to the resident owners of Garden Estate. Since, I have not received an email from any of the management, I assume that  Garden Estate Nanagement has decided to go back to the old ways and stick to letters sent by post. Many of the Apartment owners may have received it and some have not. So, I have scanned the three pages, saved as jpeg files and attached it to this email.
It is very thoughtful of the management to keep us abreast about minutes of meetings such as this one, where the main issues of funding and administration are addressed.  The absence of mentioning even one owner's name who wants to stand up for the conversion from Condominium to Co op Society is noticable. So, I assume that it is the management committee which is at the forefront of this change.
It is a relief to know that voting will be done on the basis of the square footage owned but  could we please ask the exact percentage allotted to each flat owner. This will avoid questions being asked after the voting is done. Then, a special meeting should be called for when the voting is done , so, that it is transparent and the ambiguity of a circular  sent with signatures can be avoided.How will the owners , who cannot physically be present vote? According to the bye laws, only the presence will be counted .So, will provision be made for honouring letters written by the owners or emails sent.All these clarifications need to be put up by the management much in advance.
 I will scan the bye laws and try to send it by email to everyone,so that everyone gets a chance to read the bye laws. Ideally this should be made available by the management if any owner sends a request. I have sent an email and not received any reply. So, after thirty days from then, I will send a written request by registered post.
The "Deed of Declaration"  (of Garden Estate )copy can also be sent by email ( I have one copy) to whoever is interested.
It was verbally communicated by Mrs Sangeeta Welinkar that this current management will continue for one more year. Is it possible to get copies of Indemnity  submitted by the managing committee individuals?A lot of money will be collected from the owners and spent for  maintenance in the coming few months and also the important legal issue of the Condominium to Society will be resolved after the erstwhile lawyers finally come to a conclusion so, the owners need to be aware of exactly who is empowered legally in the managing committee, whose signatures will make or break the deal ( by conducting the voting) and who is answerable to any legal reactions.All this is easily solved if the Secretary, Treasurer, Chairman and other temporary members of management commitee do the right thing of making an Indemnity Bond for themselves ,notarise it,  register it with the local Registration Office, Keep the original in Garden Estate Office and the copy with themselves.This is not a favour but their duty as decision makers on the behalf of all the owners of the apartments of Garden Estate.
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

bina thomas

Nov 24, 2012, 2:30:51 PM11/24/12
to garden-es...@googlegroups.com, Garden Estate, Ashok Kumar Col B-15, Garden estate, Pranav Patil, Sanjay Gokhale, Madhav Ranade, Kekre A bldg, Viressh Shah A bldg, Sunil Fernandes, Naqvi A bldg, Atharva Patil, Lalitha Natraj, Rajeev Karlekar, kalpesh...@yahoo.com, Jog A bldg, Rathod C building, Niharika Rai Dr. Maqdum C bldg, Magdum Prem C bldg, Magdum Ravi C bldg, Sonia Ravindra, Satish Sutaria, Naik Satish C bldg
Dear Darshana,
I received the AGM minutes by email a few days after the meeting. A scanned copy was once again emailed to me the next day... with a note that it was to ensure all had indeed received it.
In any case, thanks for sending this scanned copy once again.
Regards,
Bina.

Dr. Elizabeth (Bina) Thomas
bin...@gmail.com