Unable to make Gantry go FULLSCREEN

Saurabh V

May 5, 2015, 4:01:17 AM5/5/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
I am fairly new to the world of frameworks. I downloaded and installed gantry framework and theme yesterday morning and have been playing around with it ever since. I have been able to manage to make the layout almost I want but still have a few issues which need figuring out. I am really hoping that someone on this forum will be able to help me out :)

So here's what I want to achieve. I want to have (in order of priority) without or minimal coding changes:
- Fullscreen website, no scrollbar
- 1x Header with menu and logo
- Logo should be text based, don't want to use an image
- Format menu text

Things I have been able to achieve so far:
- Top header with primary menu
- fullscreen but scroll bar is always there

Things I am struggling with:
- removing the scrollbar when full screen
- Add a logo. Can't even add the image based logo. When I go to Gantry Framework settings>style and try changing the logo, I am able to select the PNG based logo, but the moment I click on insert in to post, the file manager overlay goes blank.
- Text based logo: I tried adding the text based logo using the 'Text widget' and a bit off CSS styling. This makes the header change size (increase in height even though the text size isn't big and formatting doesn't apply)
- I am using master slider. Whenver I try adding master slider to the page or post, I always get a blank space between header and master slider. I can offset master slider to fit in the height of the page but that gap always stays. I found a work around this but its not perfect/ideal. I switched off page content under framework layout and created a widget override to add master slider to the post with offset values. This is not ideal as I have to create an override for each an every page/post I add. Plus I always have that damn scrollbar present.

I want to achieve a full screen website with header whilst I add the master slider in the page. Don't want scrollbar or that whitespace between master slider and header.

Current settings
- All the metals, page titles, etc etc are turned off under gantry framework settings.
- main menu and logo in 'Header' widget

Troubleshooting
- Clean install of WordPress
- cleared PHP tables etc as well before the clean install
- clean install of framework plugin
- clean install of gantry theme as well.

Sorry for the long post but... I have tried making this as detailed as possible. I will add some screenshots and website links later tonight.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

May 8, 2015, 6:40:57 AM5/8/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Saurabh V
Hi,

To remove the scrollbar you need to play with overflow css value.

Regarding the image upload - please make sure that all file permissions are proper and that your PHP memory limit is at least 64M.

Thanks,
Jakub

Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.

Saurabh V

May 10, 2015, 12:35:18 PM5/10/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, svar...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have checked the file permissions and the PHP memory limit is set to 128M. I still can't seem to upload the logo...

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en