Re: [gantry-wp-user] Digest for gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 1 topic

4 views
Skip to first unread message

santosh

unread,
Mar 3, 2015, 12:59:31 AM3/3/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com

Xz©

On 3 Mar 2015 10:12, <gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Srdjan Pavicevic <pavic...@gmail.com>: Mar 01 11:26PM -0800

Hello,
 
After update gantry framework plugin to 4.1.3. my site shows white blank
page. After that, i was download a original default gantry template 4.1.3
from gantry website, installed this template and blank page appears. If i
change template to any of standard templates like Twenty fourteen blank
page is gone. I do not make any chagnes in my template directory only a
little code of less css, also i was add a new custom field in
templatedetails.xml and zipped template and reaupload again, after that
blank page appers, i was backup all thing i was do on template reupload
again and blank page shows. I was turned off all plugins in wp dashboard
and nothing changed, alo i delete css-compiled folder files, clear cache,
backup default gantry template, turn on wp debug in config.php and add
custom php code to show errors in blank page. Can anyone help me to fix
this issue
"Jakub - RocketTheme.com" <ja...@rockettheme.com>: Mar 02 11:04AM +0100

Hi,
 
Please enable WP_Debug in the wp-config.php and see if any errors/warnings will appear.
 
Thanks,
Jakub
 
 
 
On 2 marca 2015 at 08:26:22, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:
 
Hello,
 
After update gantry framework plugin to 4.1.3. my site shows white blank page. After that, i was download a original default gantry template 4.1.3 from gantry website, installed this template and blank page appears. If i change template to any of standard templates like Twenty fourteen blank page is gone. I do not make any chagnes in my template directory only a little code of less css, also i was add a new custom field in templatedetails.xml and zipped template and reaupload again, after that blank page appers, i was backup all thing i was do on template reupload again and blank page shows. I was turned off all plugins in wp dashboard and nothing changed, alo i delete css-compiled folder files, clear cache, backup default gantry template, turn on wp debug in config.php and add custom php code to show errors in blank page. Can anyone help me to fix this issue
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
 
Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Srdjan Pavicevic <pavic...@gmail.com>: Mar 02 02:45AM -0800

Thank you Jakub for replay!
 
I have do that earlier and enable wp config debug from false to true and i
have not any errors.
"Jakub - RocketTheme.com" <ja...@rockettheme.com>: Mar 02 11:48AM +0100

If your site was working fine before on Gantry 4.1.2 I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t with 4.1.3 as this release was more focused on the WPML and compatibility fixes.
Can you check if you have PHP logs on your server ? Or ask your hosting provider for them ?
 
 
On 2 marca 2015 at 11:45:41, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:
 
Thank you Jakub for replay!
 
I have do that earlier and enable wp config debug from false to true and i have not any errors.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
 
Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Srdjan Pavicevic <pavic...@gmail.com>: Mar 02 02:56AM -0800

Im using a localhost, on gantry 4.1.2 everything works fine, after update
and after i reupload template blank screen appears. Im not make any changes
in any php file or leave unclosed tags or something. When i download
original template 4.1.3 in root folder of this template i see wpml.php new
file and in comment tags 4.1.3 version, my template after update plugin in
wp administration dont have any wpml config from new update. If i switch to
any template isnt on gantry framework blank screen has gone.
"Jakub - RocketTheme.com" <ja...@rockettheme.com>: Mar 02 11:59AM +0100

That is odd. Are you sure that you’re updating gantry framework as plugin and gantry default theme as theme ? It sounds a little bit like you’d upload the plugin into theme directory. Also there shouldn’t be wpml.php file in theme root directory. The file wpml.php should be in the wp-content/plugins/gantry/gizmos and the only file in the theme with wpml in it’s name is wpml-config.xml
 
 
 
On 2 marca 2015 at 11:56:36, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:
 
Im using a localhost, on gantry 4.1.2 everything works fine, after update and after i reupload template blank screen appears. Im not make any changes in any php file or leave unclosed tags or something. When i download original template 4.1.3 in root folder of this template i see wpml.php new file and in comment tags 4.1.3 version, my template after update plugin in wp administration dont have any wpml config from new update. If i switch to any template isnt on gantry framework blank screen has gone.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
 
Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Srdjan Pavicevic <pavic...@gmail.com>: Mar 02 03:12AM -0800

Yes you are right,
 
I have in gizmos wpml.php after update plugin in wp-content, and
wpml-config.xml i dont have this file in my template, only on original
4.1.3 when i download from site
"Jakub - RocketTheme.com" <ja...@rockettheme.com>: Mar 02 12:16PM +0100

That wpml-config.xml is only present in the theme from 4.1.3. Hmmm can you try theme from 4.1.3 and plugin 4.1.2 ? I’m sorry but I’m affraid that without PHP error log I won’t be able to help you much.
 
 
 
On 2 marca 2015 at 12:12:14, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:
 
Yes you are right,
 
I have in gizmos wpml.php after update plugin in wp-content, and wpml-config.xml i dont have this file in my template, only on original 4.1.3 when i download from site
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
 
Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Srdjan Pavicevic <pavic...@gmail.com>: Mar 02 03:50AM -0800

Thank you very much for replay and for your help
 
I fix that, i was discover that wordpress cannot recongized front page and
all widgets in overrides like front page and default settings widgets was
gone and i was return that in that positions, and goes to Gantry theme
settings and enable Mainbody position on default settings and disable on
front page settings, this issue can appear when person change default
template folder name and widgets all gone and overrides and you must take
it back to own positions. This is simple bug and i no see reason why it
happens. If everyone lost template front page they must return widgets to
own positions and disable/enable MainBody Position.
"Jakub - RocketTheme.com" <ja...@rockettheme.com>: Mar 02 12:53PM +0100

Glad that you fixed it :) It’s not a bug - when you rename theme directory name it’s basically a new theme. All of the Gantry overrides and widget setup
in the overrides are stored in the tables in database that are tied to the theme name - this is to keep override settings and widget setup when switching to other themes
and getting back to the previous one. 
 
Thanks,
Jakub
 
 
 
On 2 marca 2015 at 12:50:42, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:
 
Thank you very much for replay and for your help
 
I fix that, i was discover that wordpress cannot recongized front page and all widgets in overrides like front page and default settings widgets was gone and i was return that in that positions, and goes to Gantry theme settings and enable Mainbody position on default settings and disable on front page settings, this issue can appear when person change default template folder name and widgets all gone and overrides and you must take it back to own positions. This is simple bug and i no see reason why it happens. If everyone lost template front page they must return widgets to own positions and disable/enable MainBody Position.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en
 
Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to gantry-framework-for-wor...@googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages