Gantry Framework update to 4.1.3 problem

Srdjan Pavicevic

Mar 2, 2015, 2:26:19 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

After update gantry framework plugin to 4.1.3. my site shows white blank page. After that, i was download a original default gantry template 4.1.3 from gantry website, installed this template and blank page appears. If i change template to any of standard templates like Twenty fourteen blank page is gone. I do not make any chagnes in my template directory only a little code of less css, also i was add a new custom field in templatedetails.xml and zipped template and reaupload again, after that blank page appers, i was backup all thing i was do on template reupload again and blank page shows. I was turned off all plugins in wp dashboard and nothing changed, alo i delete css-compiled folder files, clear cache, backup default gantry template, turn on wp debug in config.php and add custom php code to show errors in blank page. Can anyone help me to fix this issue

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Mar 2, 2015, 5:04:50 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Srdjan Pavicevic
Hi,

Please enable WP_Debug in the wp-config.php and see if any errors/warnings will appear.

Thanks,
Jakub

On 2 marca 2015 at 08:26:22, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:

[...]

Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.

Srdjan Pavicevic

Mar 2, 2015, 5:45:38 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jakub for replay!

I have do that earlier and enable wp config debug from false to true and i have not any errors.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Mar 2, 2015, 5:49:05 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Srdjan Pavicevic
If your site was working fine before on Gantry 4.1.2 I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t with 4.1.3 as this release was more focused on the WPML and compatibility fixes.
Can you check if you have PHP logs on your server ? Or ask your hosting provider for them ?

On 2 marca 2015 at 11:45:41, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:

Thank you Jakub for replay!

I have do that earlier and enable wp config debug from false to true and i have not any errors.

Srdjan Pavicevic

Mar 2, 2015, 5:56:34 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Im using a localhost, on gantry 4.1.2 everything works fine, after update and after i reupload template blank screen appears. Im not make any changes in any php file or leave unclosed tags or something. When i download original template 4.1.3 in root folder of this template i see wpml.php new file and in comment tags 4.1.3 version, my template after update plugin in wp administration dont have any wpml config from new update. If i switch to any template isnt on gantry framework blank screen has gone.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Mar 2, 2015, 6:00:05 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Srdjan Pavicevic
That is odd. Are you sure that you’re updating gantry framework as plugin and gantry default theme as theme ? It sounds a little bit like you’d upload the plugin into theme directory. Also there shouldn’t be wpml.php file in theme root directory. The file wpml.php should be in the wp-content/plugins/gantry/gizmos and the only file in the theme with wpml in it’s name is wpml-config.xml

On 2 marca 2015 at 11:56:36, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:

Im using a localhost, on gantry 4.1.2 everything works fine, after update and after i reupload template blank screen appears. Im not make any changes in any php file or leave unclosed tags or something. When i download original template 4.1.3 in root folder of this template i see wpml.php new file and in comment tags 4.1.3 version, my template after update plugin in wp administration dont have any wpml config from new update. If i switch to any template isnt on gantry framework blank screen has gone.

Srdjan Pavicevic

Mar 2, 2015, 6:12:11 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes you are right,

I have in gizmos wpml.php after update plugin in wp-content, and wpml-config.xml i dont have this file in my template, only on original 4.1.3 when i download from site

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Mar 2, 2015, 6:16:38 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Srdjan Pavicevic
That wpml-config.xml is only present in the theme from 4.1.3. Hmmm can you try theme from 4.1.3 and plugin 4.1.2 ? I’m sorry but I’m affraid that without PHP error log I won’t be able to help you much.

On 2 marca 2015 at 12:12:14, Srdjan Pavicevic (pavic...@gmail.com) wrote:

Yes you are right,

I have in gizmos wpml.php after update plugin in wp-content, and wpml-config.xml i dont have this file in my template, only on original 4.1.3 when i download from site

Srdjan Pavicevic

Mar 2, 2015, 6:50:39 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for replay and for your help

I fix that, i was discover that wordpress cannot recongized front page and all widgets in overrides like front page and default settings widgets was gone and i was return that in that positions, and goes to Gantry theme settings and enable Mainbody position on default settings and disable on front page settings, this issue can appear when person change default template folder name and widgets all gone and overrides and you must take it back to own positions. This is simple bug and i no see reason why it happens. If everyone lost template front page they must return widgets to own positions and disable/enable MainBody Position.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Mar 2, 2015, 6:53:55 AM3/2/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, Srdjan Pavicevic
Glad that you fixed it :) It’s not a bug - when you rename theme directory name it’s basically a new theme. All of the Gantry overrides and widget setup
in the overrides are stored in the tables in database that are tied to the theme name - this is to keep override settings and widget setup when switching to other themes
and getting back to the previous one.

Thanks,
Jakub