Google fonts not working in Gantry 4.x

jose luis

Apr 4, 2013, 9:25:37 AM4/4/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi, recently installed gantry framework 4 and have notice that google fonts are not working.

I have installed rocketlauncher, so i have latest versions of gantry framework plugin and theme.

Any ideas?

Matt

Apr 4, 2013, 3:45:12 PM4/4/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Yea, same here - didn't notice until I saw your post. I'm using a custom theme that previously worked with google fonts but now it's not with Gantry 4.0.4 - I also tested with the default gantry theme and the newest RocketThemes' premium theme and nothing. Also, the webfonts toggle doesn't remove the google fonts from the "Font Family" list like I would think it should.

Looks like a bug.

jose luis

Apr 5, 2013, 4:12:08 AM4/5/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
hi again, i hope someone could make us look in the right direction to solve this issue.

thank you

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Apr 5, 2013, 4:15:51 AM4/5/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just tested the Google WebFonts and they are working fine.
The proper way to enable them is to :

1. Go to the Style tab and Enable the WebFonts and SAVE settings
2. Reload the admin page
3. Select a Google WebFont in the fonts drop down

Thanks,
Jakub

On 5 kwi 2013, at 10:12, jose luis <fram...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi again, i hope someone could make us look in the right direction to solve this issue.

thank you

Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Apr 5, 2013, 4:29:35 AM4/5/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Allright, I can confirm the issue. On the pre-gantry4 templates the Google fonts should be working fine but I can see what's causing the problems in the newer themes.
This will be fixed in the Gantry 4.0.5 which should be released next week.

Thanks,
Jakub

jose luis

Apr 5, 2013, 4:32:34 AM4/5/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thank you very much Jakub. If you have time please could tell me what is causing the issue so i can try to fix it by my own to make it work till next update is ready?

Thank you very much.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Apr 5, 2013, 5:04:18 AM4/5/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have to rework the whole webfonts gizmo so it's not a one line fix - sorry :)

Thanks,
Jakub

On 5 kwi 2013, at 10:32, jose luis <fram...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, thank you very much Jakub. If you have time please could tell me what is causing the issue so i can try to fix it by my own to make it work till next update is ready?

Thank you very much.

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Apr 13, 2013, 12:16:23 PM4/13/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
On monday there should be Gantry 4.0.5 release that will fix that bug. Sorry about that :)

Thanks,
Jakub

On 4 kwi 2013, at 21:45, Matt <barre...@msn.com> wrote:

Yea, same here - didn't notice until I saw your post. I'm using a custom theme that previously worked with google fonts but now it's not with Gantry 4.0.4 - I also tested with the default gantry theme and the newest RocketThemes' premium theme and nothing. Also, the webfonts toggle doesn't remove the google fonts from the "Font Family" list like I would think it should.

Looks like a bug.

drokkon

May 29, 2013, 11:39:07 AM5/29/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem using the default Gantry template. I just made sure that I'm using the latest Gantry plugin (4.06) and the latest Gantry theme (4.06), and now the "Web Fonts" toggle is missing completely. Under "Google Fonts" in the dropdown, all I see is "loading."

Matt

May 29, 2013, 12:41:06 PM5/29/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like you may have a problem with the theme settings in the wordpress database. I've noticed that because of the way that wordpress saves theme options there can sometimes be code left in the database that messes with the gantry configurations. There are a couple of things that you could do to get around this....
  1. completely uninstall the base gantry theme as well as the plugin and erase all references to gantry in the database. This is tricky because you need to be careful not to erase anything from the database that wordpress will need to function but I've done it successfully with a search for gantry in phpmyadmin. Just make sure you backup the database first!
  2. You could complete reinstall wordpress and start from scratch if you don't have any data (posts or pages) in your install.

The issue could also be that another plugin is conflicting with the javascript used to load the fonts from the google fonts list. To test this deactivate all your plugins to see if that helps things.

Good luck!

ad...@hdpco.com

May 7, 2015, 4:46:45 PM5/7/15
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com